Wild Hog Lomo/Coppa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love watching everything you do! But could you make a picture book with explanations of each and how to pronounce some of them for me please? Keep up the great work!

Ryan

The Calabrian wild hog coppa/lomo finished drying today. Took it down to 35% weight loss. They dried fast because of the small diameter. I have them vac packed to equalize in the fridge.

Pulled from the chamber...great mold growth!
IMG_20210509_150832.jpg

Collagen sheet removed, slight mold growth under casing but no bad mold.
IMG_20210509_151418.jpg

The slice...
IMG_20210509_151524.jpg

I scrubbed the mold with a brush and vinegar, then rinsed with water and soaked with red wine. Left them on the counter covered with a towel for a couple hours to dry while I went to Mom's (Mother's day dinner). Then I vac packed the salumi when I got home.
IMG_20210509_191659.jpg

This will be a very unique addition to my charcuterie board!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky