Wife may be a convert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdaddylove

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Wichita, Kansas
Just got off the phone with my lovely bride,   Little back story here.  See, she really thought that she didn't like smoked meat and BBQ,  and as some of you know I'm still pretty new to smoking.  Well the last time i smoked ribs she was helping with the sides, sauce and critiquing my rub.  Going to the lake this weekend and she took the day off to shop @ set up the camper, she calls and tells me that pork loin is $ 1.99 per pound and how many should she get for me to smoke.  Then she called and said she was heading out to the lake to set up the camper and that she was just going to take it LOW & SLOW!  LOl i about fell out of my chair laughing so hard.  I think she may have a touch of it in her blood now.

Its great when they start thinking of the things they want you to smoke and even better when they start buying them!!

You know your in trouble when all your christmas and birthday presents are various cuts of meat for you to smoke!
icon_eek.gif

Congrats !!! My wife is stepping up to the plate too. I think WE will do the yoshidas smoke this weekend.

Glad to see you may have converted her. My wife finally decided about ten years ago that I was serious about BBQ, and now she tells me what she wants me to smoke for family functions and get togethers.

She even tells me what rub to use depending on who we are serving. For some reason, she thinks I like everything hot and spicy. To me it is just good flavor.

Glad you got her liking Q!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky