1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wife doesn't understand priorities

Discussion in 'Beef' started by phathead69, Oct 12, 2018.

1. phathead69

phathead69 Meat Mopper

TN
    Wife saw me stacking this Tues this week. Knowing I don't normally bring that much wood from the rack for smoking. Her, "So why are you doing that?". Me "I have meniscus surgery Thursday right, so sat when I'm resting and recouping I want have far to travel for the wood" . She shakes her head and walks off. She just don't understand priorities. 20181007_125359.jpg
    Got an aldi's seasoned point and some spam ready to go. Crutches suck but gives a good excuse to watch football and keep smoke rolling.

ksblazer likes this.
  2. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

For sure they just don't seem to understand. She should of already had that job done. :rolleyes: :D

Warren

SmokinVOLfan and chopsaw like this.
  4. I just get the eye roll and am told to get her a beer. No complaints when shes eating though ;)

5. SmokinLogs

SmokinLogs Smoking Fanatic

So it’s not just my wife lol I feel your pain. But, like gmh said, no complaints when it’s time to eat, other than how long it took. She just doesn’t get the concept of low n slow, and it will get done when it’s done.

6. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

I didn't see that working too well when we had to unload Smoking Peachys wood from his truck?!:D:p

7. Jeff Wright

Jeff Wright Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Ahh...the perils of therapy. Enjoy the down time.

8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great story!!
    Al

9. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Good luck with the surgery. I kind of get the same look unloading 10 bags of KBB out of my truck when its on sale.

Chris

10. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I know just what you mean. I was buying some pellets yesterday, and Miss Linda asked why, since I have a bag full in the pantry. If you plan ahead, you never run out.
    Luck with the surgery.
    Gary

11. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Mine would say , " why do you need two bags of charcoal ? "
    Well I need 3 , but I'm willing to settle for 2 .

12. phathead69

phathead69 Meat Mopper

TN
    Based on the comments smoking meat is the man thing. I know there are plenty of female making good Q but men seem to take to it in larger numbers. Like most on here firing up the smoker is therapeutic in many ways. And most of the time just tastes dang good also.

13. phathead69

phathead69 Meat Mopper

TN
    15394496687815902388344706321157.jpg
    TN hanging with Auburn so far

15394497267462666617832224424910.jpg
    Small brisket and spam getting some flavor
    15394497551246336095016079994147.jpg
    Knee getting some air.

Not bad so far

14. phathead69

phathead69 Meat Mopper

TN
    Turns out to be a great day. TN with the win and the brisket is good. 20181013_182507.jpg
    20181013_181743.jpg

gmc2003 likes this.
  15. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Looks good...Nice Job.

Point for sure.
    Chris

16. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like great recovery

17. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Nice smoke and nice setup there!

And Go Vols! Hell of a win today!

18. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated SmokinVol and chopsaw.

Warren