Why Toss & Turn?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can that waist lines are going to be changing before we are released from this stay at home thing. Nice looking sammie. Warren.

I'm not having much luck losing the 10lbs I gained from quitting cigarettes three months back Warren, but then all I have to fit into is a pair of sweat shorts to jump in the pool, not like we'll be going anywhere anytime soon. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Fine looking sammie Ray, and something good to rinse it down with.

It covers three of the four basic food groups, bread, meat, and alcohol! Thank you for the like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Good looking burger Ray. After working several years of swing shift, I would just as soon have that type of breakfast over a traditional one.

Thanks Denny, a burger and brew always works for me, even breakfast. You can tell it's for dinner when you add some fries, I don't often eat lunch. Thank you for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

It's got to be the easiest thing in the world to make Richie. I chop up a head of cabbage and one thick slice of onion fairly fine. I skin two carrots with a vegetable peeler to get the outer cooties off, then continue with the veg peeler and shred them into a bowl, then chop that up with a knife. Dump all the chopped goods into a larger bowl and mix with my hands, it's all ready for slaw dressing. About half the time i'll be lazy and buy a couple bottles of Marie's, the other half I'll make my own, just as good, a lot cheaper.3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, 3-4 Tbs sugar. What costs $10 at the grocery store I make for two bucks at home, and I know what's in it. Thanks for the Like, Richie, I appreciate it. RAY
I'm too lazy to cut up the slaw but I like to make my own dressing. Next time I'm out (probably Tuesday) I'll pick up some heavy cream and give yours a whirl...
Dan

Looks great RAY! I bet those onions on there were awesome! Hope you got some rest after that awesome snack!

I think caramelized onions are what really puts a burger over the top Travis. They just seem to add a sweet dimension and intensify the flavor profile. That they take 20-30 minutes on the stove shows that someone is taking a burger seriously, and yes, I eat them raw on a burger when being lazy or pressed for time. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Very nice meal and post!
I usually spend a couple hours in the middle of the night tossing and turning (like a lot of us, probably) but I stubbornly just lie there. I may have to try the "midnight snack" thing...

I am the same way - too stubborn to get up even if I toss and turn for 2-3 hours, cause sometimes I get 15 minutes here and there. John

That's where being a "experienced insomniac" comes into play! After years of flopping around for hours I know it's futile to just lay there if my stomach is growling, better to just get up and take measures into my own hands. Burger and a brew, back to bed for 3&1/2 hours of solid shuteye. What he hell, it's not like I have to get up and go to work. Thank you both for the Likes, much appreciated. RAY

It's got to be the easiest thing in the world to make Richie. I chop up a head of cabbage and one thick slice of onion fairly fine. I skin two carrots with a vegetable peeler to get the outer cooties off, then continue with the veg peeler and shred them into a bowl, then chop that up with a knife. Dump all the chopped goods into a larger bowl and mix with my hands, it's all ready for slaw dressing. About half the time i'll be lazy and buy a couple bottles of Marie's, the other half I'll make my own, just as good, a lot cheaper.3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, 3-4 Tbs sugar. What costs $10 at the grocery store I make for two bucks at home, and I know what's in it. Thanks for the Like, Richie, I appreciate it. RAY
TY
Richie

Looks great!! I could eat that any time of the day or night. Those home made buns look great too!!

It's critical to have a bun that'll stand up to a burger like that. Store-bought ones fall apart halfway thru, and who knows what all that extra stuff they put in them is, I'm not a scientist. Here's the recipe, and thank you for the like, it's greatly appreciated. RAY

Reactions: wyomingsmoker77
Great Looking Burger there, Ray !!
Looks Mighty Tasty!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Looks Great, My kind of Meal Gary

John and Gary, thank you both for the kind comments and Likes, they are appreciated. There's not much more you can make and eat that shouts out "American" than a burger and a brewster. I get a ton of satisfaction from making my own buns and Hipshot burgers, a unique flavor that I've pretty much put my brand on. RAY

I can see that waist lines are going to be changing before we are released from this stay at home thing. Warren

I believe you have really touched on something there Warren. RAY
DSCN1666.JPG

Good lookin burger . Always startled awake at 3 am . Damn foot steps , but nobody there .
I was gonna do meat loaf today ,, now you got me thinking burgers . Nice work .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Good lookin burger . Always startled awake at 3 am . Damn foot steps , but nobody there .
I was gonna do meat loaf today ,, now you got me thinking burgers . Nice work .

Thanks Rich! I saw the other night nobody was up but you and I for awhile. Between my shoulders, belly, and Bob laying on me it's worth it to just get up. RAY

Now that is a bagel and lox sammie!

Yeah John, we've got a Einstein's Bagels right across the street within walking distance from the house. I used to walk Bob over there, all closed up except for the drive-thru, now Jan goes, Bob doesn't do well at drive-up windows. RAY

Great looking grub Ray. I know what you mean about insomnia. Now that I'm at home all day, my whole sleep pattern has changed.

Dave

Some good looking sliders ya had going on there Ray, nice job. LIKE!

The lox and bagel were overkill Chile, spent most of yesterday feeling like I had a lead weight in my gut. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

It's critical to have a bun that'll stand up to a burger like that. Store-bought ones fall apart halfway thru, and who knows what all that extra stuff they put in them is, I'm not a scientist. Here's the recipe, and thank you for the like, it's greatly appreciated. RAY

Thanks for the recipe for the buns. I will definitely try them. Have a great day!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky