Why doesn't Chargriller make mods in design

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyokie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Tulsa
If the folks @ Chargriller know that their units are going to need mods once in the field, why don't they make design corrections? If it's a price point thing, why don't they offer both options?

I mean it's enough to have to put the unit together, but then when the anxious new owner tries to use it , he discovers that the work has just begun.

I really think questions from new Chargriller owners are one of the most common things we see here.

Maybe we should start a company called Charsmoker, copy their unit, make the design mods and put them out of business.

Anybody up for it?

Smoke on Bro,
Tim

As I read all the mods on this forum that are necessary to get these smokers to work correctly, I wonder why any of them don't come with the mods. I think that when the R&D department tests these things, conditions are probably perfect. That or they R&D them on a computer. That seems to be the big thing now.
Why not just make the modified items and sell them on a rack in the grill section. Buyers will catch on sooner or later.

i am actually looking into making my own line of smokers (buzzard's bbq smokers). i just have to finish getting all the numbers together and location. the bad thing is, im getting started at bad time for the season, i needed to start about 3 months ago. but i like your idea of a starter smoker and cheep upgrades. let them know up front what they need to do then give them a break on a quick mod. i think it is how we all started.

i am just thinking it is hard to beat 150 for a starter smoker. maybe i can be there just for cheep mod work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky