1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Why doesn't Chargriller make mods in design

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokyokie, Jan 11, 2007.

1. smokyokie

smokyokie Smoking Fanatic

If the folks @ Chargriller know that their units are going to need mods once in the field, why don't they make design corrections? If it's a price point thing, why don't they offer both options?

I mean it's enough to have to put the unit together, but then when the anxious new owner tries to use it , he discovers that the work has just begun.

I really think questions from new Chargriller owners are one of the most common things we see here.

Maybe we should start a company called Charsmoker, copy their unit, make the design mods and put them out of business.

Anybody up for it?

Smoke on Bro,
    Tim

2. As I read all the mods on this forum that are necessary to get these smokers to work correctly, I wonder why any of them don't come with the mods. I think that when the R&D department tests these things, conditions are probably perfect. That or they R&D them on a computer. That seems to be the big thing now.
    Why not just make the modified items and sell them on a rack in the grill section. Buyers will catch on sooner or later.

3. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

i am actually looking into making my own line of smokers (buzzard's bbq smokers). i just have to finish getting all the numbers together and location. the bad thing is, im getting started at bad time for the season, i needed to start about 3 months ago. but i like your idea of a starter smoker and cheep upgrades. let them know up front what they need to do then give them a break on a quick mod. i think it is how we all started.

i am just thinking it is hard to beat 150 for a starter smoker. maybe i can be there just for cheep mod work.

4. buzzard

buzzard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

maybe

jesters jokin' bbq