Why are you at SMF?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
This is why I'm here:

I'm know that I'm pretty new to the forum. Just letting everyone know how much I appreciate the opportunity to be here with all of you fine folks. I've been here just a few weeks and I'm leaning alot of new things every time I visit. I read about things I have'nt yet thought about and it sparks some creativity. I have had a few questions and got alot of good responses. And, I had curiousity towards what others have been doing. It's great here. You'll always find what you want. I've even been around to lend a hand for few others now and then, and that's what really keeps me coming back. Hey, helping others just has a way of turning my crank.

Maybe when I really get some free time that I can plan a good all-dayer' (and then some) for myself I'll kick out something I haven't yet thought of, and haven't seen here. I'll hold onto my boots 'til then.

Again, this is a great place to go for cooking info, entertainment or just to find that good ole' cure for the common syptoms of addiction to smoked food. Kinda like hang-overs...only one way to avoid 'em, stay drunk. When you're in withdrawal from smoked food, well you've not had a smoke for entirely too long, so get busy!!!

Keep in mind that we're all here for a good reason. Helping our brothers, sisters, neighbors and friends is what makes the world such an incredibly great place to live in, and especially since we can all share a common joy for superb homemade food. I feel priveledged.

Thanks to all, and may you have great smoke.

Eric

Great folks, super food and an undeniable addiction keep me goin'! Or should I say returnin'?

Cheers!

Well said Eric.
cool.gif

i am at smf because i think that this site has hands down given me more information than any other site i have checked out. heck i dont even look elsewhere anymore. i am still in my first year here as a member so consider myself still kind of new. have smoked a bit before joining smf but mainly just fish and sausage. but now the great people on the site have got me really smoking!!!! and it is all because of the info i gained from smf and the help the people who so unselfishly pass on to new members such as myself. i guess i would like to also take this chance to say thanks to all who have helped-you all know who you are!!!! also beyond the info and help i have made friends here from all over the states and even further away. i guess also the way i was mentored by one or two members make me feel that i need to contribute to the site and with new members to sort of pay back these members who took the time for me. kind of long winded but u asked for it... thats why i am at smf!!!

well said u guys- I here cuz they closed the brothel-dang it.

I stumbled onto this site looking for a cover for my SnP. Once here I found mods for it and after looking around a while found a WHOLE LOT MORE. I signed up for the 5 day course and started my journey into smoking meat. I came here regularly for info on how to "do it right" and ended up meeting a bunch of great guys and gals who share the love of what we do. Now it's more of a social thing, visiting friends and acquaintances, and sharing pics of great food. Great place and great peeps.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I come here because nobody in the real world who actually knows me will have anything todo with me unless I feed them , so I come here and get ideas on what to cook next, I'm actually a very lonley pathetic man with nothing better todo, ummmmmm never mind it's time for my pills now bye
eek.gif

I stumbled on this site through a search. Didn't even have a smoker. After reading a few days I joined and sent my 15 dollars for a premier membership. Can't even buy a good book for that.

Since then I have made many friends, learned an awful lot and shared also. I wouldn't even look for another place, this is the best hands down.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

It has turned into a family thing for me since I don't have any except for Carol and the dogs.

It has also made me much more creative in what I smoke. I LOVE IT here!

I was referred to SMF by a friend from an audio forum. We both have been into smoking some good food for a couple of years now. I was interested in a drum smoker and here I found most of the ideas I needed to get er done. Now I do most of my smoking on my UDS.............thanks SMF.

What's been keeping me here is the great folks with a ton of great ideas.

I enjoy the interaction, sharing, and there is always a new found way of doing something that I enjoy. The jokes aren't bad...

Hi, Richtee, and a big thank you to you Sir, for points.

Eric

It be a fun, informative place, sorta like I've always said, one big neighborhood were friends gather ta share a smoke, chat a bit an just enjoy one a the finest crafts there is.

Here we share history, new idears along with some a the finest in traditional smokin. We share failures an success, happiness over new additions ta our families an the sadness of loosin a loved one er friend. It truly is a nationwide an international neighborhood.

I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

Thanks ta them folks what donate so much a there time runin the finest smokin forum there be on the web. They deserve far more then we ever give em, hard workin folk who just like us enjoy the craft of creatin a fine product.

Here's ta friends, near an far!

like ron said earlier; i didn't even own a smoker. now it's all i think about. i really like the view of the fatties too.

I was referred here by someone on another forum camp_cook.com I love good slow BBQ and was told this is the best forum. It is the best BBQ forums hands down! I'm here to learn all I can about smoking different foods, not just meats. It has made me a much better meat and food smoker than I could ever be and I thank EVERYONE!!! Once I learned how everything works I have been able to learn and help others more than I could get from any book. I have ruffled a few feathers and I do appolgize for that. With that said these forums are easy to use and great to learn from weather a person is a pro or new to smoking foods.
I am so glad I am here as a member. I also answer a lot of questions on Yahoo Answers and refer all people who ask about smoking or bbq here because it is the BEST online resource for meat smoking and bbq!

This is one of several forums that I frequent, each one has its own personality and strengths and weaknesses. I think for me it just comes down to the fact that I enjoy talking/typing about anything smoking related.

Don't remember how I found this forum, but the folks here have been very helpful and hopefully I've been able to pass some knowledge along as well. I had a two year old Charboil that just sat in the garage until I found the mods to it here to make it better...now it works just fine. I guess if your too old to learn something new your just too old!! I found out about fatties from this site.....that's worth the $15 and of course Jeff's rub and sauce....which I use all the time!! Thanks to all who make this a great forum in which to share and learn!!!!

friend from another forum pointed me in this direction after He mentioned smoking a fatty and I wandered how large a joint it was ;-)

I've always been interested in cooking and food. Last couple of years I've got into gourmet grilling big time, planning on going professional next year.
Had my bradley smoker for about 18 months now.
It'd seen a lot of cold smoked salmon and a few nuts and nothing else.
Been here a few weeks and already the poor things seen summer sausage, trout, fatties, a small butt and some ribs.
Who knows what it'll have seen by this time next year ?

What I love the most about this forum is the on-hand 24 hour experience and expertise. That and the fact that there are some serious cooks on the site as well: so far big game cook and bbqgoddess have just knocked my socks off with some of their offerings, and the rest ain't half bad either lol
If I get a question during a smoke I KNOW that there'll be some insomniac in the states smoking half a cow, three pigs and a garden full of jalapeno abt's who'll gladly point me in the right direction. And hell, If I can I'll do the same for them.
Can't honestly think of any other pastime or forum where this would happen in real time :-)
Some of the ideas and recipes have really opened my eyes - and now I'm planning on adding to the grill menu with a smoked food menu. Just about NOBODY cooks like this in england, I figure I could base a business around fatties alone lol, so with luck this forum will also help me change career as well :-)

For good or ill - I'm here to stay ;-)

This is the only smoker site I visit, period!! Everyone here is very helpfull and it's nice to be able to ask a stupid question without having to worry about being snubbed or jabbed. It's nice to visit a message board without the childish petty arguing.

I've learned so much in just a couple months here, I never knew I would enjoy smoking as much as I have, and I have everyone on this site that has givin me advice to thank for that. I believe since I've joined I only missed one weekend of smoking, my Weber kettle that I love dearly has been collecting dust for the last few months. Without the help of our brothers and sisters on this site, I'd still be grilling hamburgers and chicken breasts (not that there's anything wrong with that).
smile.gif

I was looking for smoking recipes when I found SMF joined up July 2007 and have been learning from this fine family every since

Ron my man I would say it made you crazier I mean you smoke anything that will fit in the smoker. I'll bet the neighborhood pets make a wide berth around your house. it wouldnt surprise me to find out that you smoke coffee grounds before brewing. (probably should not have said that)
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky