Who's Smoking for Christmas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What are you smoking for Christmas Eats

• Rib Roast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ham

• Turkey

• Brisket

• Ribs

• Other - please describe

• I ain't smokin' nuthin'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tri-Tips here. I went to COSTCO today and all they had was Tri-Tips cut into steaks. I bought two packages of those in case I didn't find two Tri's somewhere else. Went to another COSTCO and the butcher looked in the back and found two Tri's for me. They're not butchered very well but hey, the rough cut may hold the rub better.

I'm going to throw it all in the smoker, the two roasts and the steaks. Wish me luck juggling this smoke.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I am doing 2 racks of baby backs and 2 racks of spares + 4 Cornish hens at my wife's request.

Was planning on smoking them tomorrow so I could be free on Christmas to help the kids play with their toys and what not but with the incoming snow storm, I am in a quandary..

Cook them on Christmas day after the storm blows over or pull the GOSM out of the barn and dust it off.

I really like the heavy duty smoke flavor that I get from the big ol' wood burner so I am really leaning toward Christmas day
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

I just finished a smoke of a Mozarella and some Spicy Nuts - got a Dudestrami going in the smoker in the morning -
Dinner is a Pork loin with a cranberry glaze - not smoked cause I got 9 grandkids gonna be here

OK ya gonna have to try the Yoshida's on the birds, thats's just customary on here now! Gonna do 4 hens myself, up for a qview comparision? Just for fun.

I'll be smokin up 2 packer briskets, a 20 lb turkey, and misc sausage and whatever else gets throw'd in for good measure and snackage.... Not much going on.

On Christmas day I will smoke 2 18 pound turkeys and of course if the smokers running gota have some ABT's in it
icon_wink.gif
. As long as mother nature dont foule up my plans with a blizard thats what im smoking on christmas. I would have smoked them early to make sure we had smoked turkey but didnt get them in the brine soon enough after learning we was going to be under a blizard watch. So my back up plane is if its snowing and a blowing in the oven they will go (shudders at the thought). since its real hard to smoke with 50 mph winds and snow blowing all around the smoker.

I really wanted to smoke a rib roast (would have been my first) but the wife really likes tri tip so one nice size tri tip and she also wanted to be somewhat traditional so we're doing a turkey breast too. Plus my brother in law gave me a nice venision tenderloin from his deer to throw on as well. Everything else will be traditional Christmas dinner fare. Should be great! Everyone is coming to our house so it should be fun. Every one have a Merry Christmas!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky