Who's cooking Q 12/1-12/2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are so cruel Joe
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Well, while all you folks down south "suffer" through the 80° temps, we'll be working on getting our Christmas cookies started this weekend. (At least the oven running will help keep the house warm.
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
)
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

While you do your cookies I will be out in the kayak working on my year round tan. What kind of cookies???

Dang, I'm going to be freezing my rear off out in the wild........last weekend of deer hunting.

Yesterday the back waters of Flathead river were froze over, nows your chance to go ice fishin.
smile.gif
Ya might want to wear some long pants though. The T shirt is ok if ya drink enough.
tongue.gif
icon_razz.gif

Last year around christmas my sister sent pictures from minnesota of her and her husband taking their baby sledding for the first time. I sent her pictures of me standing in the water with a fishing rod in hand and a fish on the line. Yeah...its cruel... I love it.

And when you say I love having a white christmas so do I. I just love the white sand on the beach
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Been a long time since I had to deal with snow. I am pretty sure I can live without the stuff for the rest of my life.

Florida = Yuk (Too hot)
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif
. I love the white stuff
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
. we just don't get enough of it around here. I guess just enough to satisisfy.

Looks like I will be doing a rack of spare ribs, q-view to follow Monday.

You know I wouldn't mind trying that someday. I am messing with people today but in reality this is a beautiful nation we live in and its diversity is incredible. I have lived in areas of the central states like mn, ia, and sd and a chunk of the east states florida, ga, nc, and va. I would love to travel around and see more of this nation.
We had a thread a while back where people posted shots of thier smokers and included in those picts were shots of thier backyards. Incredible shots. I love florida and the water and will hopefully never leave it again but I do love the mountains and prairies as well.

We just got back from motorcycle riding. Didn't even need a jacket. Lovely day out.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

We're doing 2 patrami's tomorrow in the mini-smoker (as apposed to using the word toy).

I've got a batch of homemade baked beans (those big white lima kind) in the oven now, complete with smoked buckboard bacon.

Does not look like anything for me due to the fact I will be going to KCBS jude class tomorrow with Gramason and have to move furniture for my mother on Sunday. Oh well it can't always be a party i guess.

Saturday I'm making a fresh jalapeno salsa and a New Mexico Green Chile Stew, my wife is making red chile pork tamales and green chile and cheese tamales for the USC vs UCLA game. I can't predict the game... but the food is going to make a TD! I think we'll probably kick a field goal using the bathroom scale.
Sunday we're going to a Tamale festival in Indio, Ca. I'll try to get some pics, can't get enough of that spicy stuff!

Both my wife and I were supposed to go to that class, but I didn't get around to registering in time, and then we had a family event come up that I need to smoke for.

That's okay, next time...

I won't be cooking this weekend. My brother in law is on the way to our place with a new washer and dryer as well as a bed frame. Once we get all of that switched out, I'm driving down to my folk's place. Saturday morning, my father and I are driving down to Valdosta for the D-II playoffs quarterfinal game between Valdosta State and North Alabama. Then we have the drive back home, and I have to work on Sunday.

I plan on smoking up 25 lbs. of turkey thighs on Saturday. I am predicting the temp will be about -2 degrees below zero at about 8:00 AM when I am ready to start. I am also thinking about going ice fishing on Sunday...the ice should be about 4 or 5 inches thick already...if thats tells you how things are going up here in the Dakota's...
icon_frown.gif

Gonna do 4 racks of spare ribs and my first fatty's. Its going to be cold up here in Rochester. Sothern boys are rubbing it in. lol

ok i got a pork but in the crock pot with various herbs, onions, and sauerkraut... in the oven is the rib bones from this big chunka pork.
Going to add that to the black beans tomorrow.
Also makin some kraut tonight.

Lotsa cooking to do. I will take picts

I like looking at Q view so i'll post the pastramis being done tomorrow.
I may not do it however because the predicted high is only 80 which means it could possibly be below 70 at 8 am. (((
icon_surprised.gif
))) brrrr

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky