Whole Ribeye .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh hell yeah. Gorgeous meal man. Nailed it. Cherry pellets?
I can't get over how much smoke that EX produces, it seems far and above other pellet poopers.
Thanks . Had to break out the real plates .
I had some mesquite left in the hopper , and added hickory on top . The mesquite were B&B and the hickory are Weber brand . Both great pellets .
It really puts great smoke flavor on the food .

Yes sir, you nailed it. Fantastic looking...
That Weber Pellet makes it easy . Does a fantastic job .
I used it to do frozen burger patty's the other day .
Goes from smoker to grill in minutes .
Thanks for looking .

That looks awesome good price as well
Came out perfect for our taste . Thanks for the comment .

Hell of a job rich! Nice work bud.
Thank you .
Looks like I might trade in the pitboss for a smoke fire if it ever dies
All kinds of good pellet cookers out there . I really like the Weber . Smoke , grill or high heat sear . Fantastic smoke flavor too .

Looks awesome Rich! If I had more room in the freezers I’d have to check our GFS. The finished smoked one looks phenomenal!
Thanks Jeff . I had some Bertman's horseradish Sam sent me . So good .

Cant beat that deal! Ive been staying away from beef for a while now because of crazy prices.. I'm down to a few chucks and some ground in the freezer.. Guess it's time to start looking for some deals.. I usually hit sams and gfs at the same time.. They are right next to each other but its about a 40min drive for me.
That roast turned out beautiful!!

My goodness . Looks like if the weather isn't to crappy tomorrow I'll be going to GFS to see if they have some more for the same price .
View attachment 526746
I made some Au jus from beef base ,
roasted garlic , onion and white wine .
View attachment 526747
The horseradish didn't make the picture , but I did add it at the table .
Not much talking went on at this meal .

Oh My !!!
Here's an adjective I never used on here before----That Looks "Splendid"!!
Yuuummmm!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks spectacular.
Thank you sir
That looks great. Where do I line up?
Inside where it's warm . Was around 19 yesterday . SmokeFire held good temp
Great score and excellent cook Rich! I wish they had GFS round here. That roast is perfectly cooked
Thanks Mike . Looks like they used to have a GFS in Georgia but it closed .
Great plate up pic Chop. A meal fit for a king.
Appreciate the comment . BTW I'm on spoon number 4 .

Reactions: one eyed jack
Cant beat that deal! Ive been staying away from beef for a while now because of crazy prices.
Yup . I checked and they are out of stock now . Beef was coming down , so now might be the time to go look .

Oh My !!!
It was really good . A lot of great Prime rib places here . I've grilled plenty Ribeyes . but this was a first time for me .

Perfection on a plate Rich, slam dunk! Nice work, doesn't get any better than that.
Thanks Ray . Usually don't see them at the regular grocery store around here , and a ribeye steak is always about 14 bucks a pound .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great Chop! I bought the entire ribeye from Restaurant depo last year included the roll.
I remember that thread you did . In this case " no roll " means they didn't grade it . Not the chuck roll attached . They used to sell the chuck rolls . It gets easier with practice . I have the fridge storage and room to work so that helps too .

CS, Nice price and excellent butchering !
Thanks bud . I buy all my meat from GFS . One thing that really help with breaking them down was cutting up my own deer .

Reactions: clifish
Dang at 19 I’d eat that outside! Be a heat wave here
I was in a Tee shirt and shorts . Spent 30 years working outside . Was hanging over a commercial building 300 feet up . Minus 26 degree windchill . Dang wind made your eyes water , and when you blinked they froze shut .

Reactions: bigfurmn
I was in a Tee shirt and shorts . Spent 30 years working outside . Was hanging over a commercial building 300 feet up . Minus 26 degree windchill . Dang wind made your eyes water , and when you blinked they froze shut .
-33 when I went out this morning to start the work trucks. Now had I been looking forward to primer in it would have felt warmer. 😂

Got a chance to do some of the steaks yesterday , so I thought I would add them in here .
In the Sous Vide at 132 for 2 1/2 hours . Had the SmokeFire going at 350 for the baked taters and corn . When the steaks were ready I turned the heat up to 500 and gave them some color . Not bad grill marks for just a kiss . Maybe 2 minutes on the first side . Flipped , 30 seconds on the other side . Took 'em off .
20220313_181351.jpg
20220313_181357.jpg
The potatoes and corn were perfect . Grill temp was 350 . Corn wa on about an hour , potatoes around 2 hours .
20220313_182055.jpg
I've been way overdue for a good steak . This was perfect me .
Really hit the spot .
20220313_182124.jpg

Got a chance to do some of the steaks yesterday , so I thought I would add them in here .
In the Sous Vide at 132 for 2 1/2 hours . Had the SmokeFire going at 350 for the baked taters and corn . When the steaks were ready I turned the heat up to 500 and gave them some color . Not bad grill marks for just a kiss . Maybe 2 minutes on the first side . Flipped , 30 seconds on the other side . Took 'em off .
View attachment 528900
View attachment 528901
The potatoes and corn were perfect . Grill temp was 350 . Corn wa on about an hour , potatoes around 2 hours .
View attachment 528902
I've been way overdue for a good steak . This was perfect me .
Really hit the spot .
View attachment 528904
That is one heck of a plate, I love roasted corn and steak Like for sure

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky