Whole Chickens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vaguy

Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Bend, OR.
So the better half (aka "the Misses") picked up some roasters on sale at Albertson's. So I brined them over night in Dutch's brine, then I shot them up with Cajun Injector Marinade. One was Crelo Garlic, one was Creole Butter and the last one was Roasted Garlic & Herb. Only problem is I can't remember which one is which. :? Pretty funny. Smoked them with a mix of apple and cherry for four - five hours. Stuck them in the oven to bump up the internal temp a little and keep them warm until dinner time. Getting ready to go eat right now, so I'll let you all know what the family thinks later. Chris

Birds #1 & #2

Bird #3
One more quick thing:

I've got an extra plate if anybody wants to come on over.

Excellent, Chris!

About how much did those roasters weigh? I will be "thining" my flock in a couple of weeks and the birds I have selected to cull, all roosters, should weigh in at about 7+ pounds.

Again thanks for sharing and the photos are excellent! Nice plate presentation, too!

Cheers!

Those sure are nice looking birds VaGuy.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that can't keep my experiments straight. The last time I did BBC's I did three, basically the same but each one with a subtle twist to see if I could refine and get exactly what we liked and also to see what did and didn't make a difference. I knew which was which until they got in the house, then I mixed them up. :oops:

Hello srmonty,
All three birds were approx. 5.5 lbs, give or take a couple of oz's. Wish we were closer. I would enjoy helping you cull your flock and then smoke some of your roosters. Later, Chris

Hi There Guys!

Wonderful Brace of Cheeekons ya got there VAGuy!

Sometime if you have the inkling you might like to try my favorite mop Lemon Chicken Mop for chicken, fish, and shrimps

Go here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=667

for the recipe.

I like to place a layer of foil on my roasting pans in order to make the job of cleaning those big pans easier when all the fun is over.

Thanks for the pics of those beautiful chix!

ranger72 :)

OTBS # 14

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky