Who wouldn't want a few extra inches and an extra knob?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
BS 22" showed up today. Now the 17" can retire to the camper. $145 inc, FLsales tax, to the door. Camping World.

BS 22.jpg

Nice upgrade. Kiss the wife for starting you on the griddle challenge.
That 17 cooked up my loaded breakfast sausage very nicely at the December meet.
I've got a 22 and love the second heat zone.
Reminder, when you use a larger tank than the 1#, the regulator can be any position.
The 45° angle ONLY applies to using a 1# disposable cylinder.

Reactions: fxsales1959
Can you remove the tops to clean them or are the permanently fixed?
They are lift off. However, cleaning with soap and kitchen articles is not recommended. Once cured a post cook clean with spatula/scraper and/ or blackstone scouring pads(or similar) is best, with a light spray of canola or your favorite cooking oil. wipe with paper towels. my 17 is a year old and never removed the griddle plate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Nice upgrade. Kiss the wife for starting you on the griddle challenge.
That 17 cooked up my loaded breakfast sausage very nicely at the December meet.
I've got a 22 and love the second heat zone.
Reminder, when you use a larger tank than the 1#, the regulator can be any position.
The 45° angle ONLY applies to using a 1# disposable cylinder.
we laugh about that. she is my enabler. bought me a little round air fryer that would hold about 12 tater tots, now we have a big Cuisinart cabinet top.

• Love
Reactions: Fueling Around
We love griddles around here, bought a 36" years ago , grandkids got up in age and don't come over as much so give it to my son, let him feed them lol, bought a 17" with the wind shield and warming rack, it keeps a lot of the splatter down but not all of it. it fits into the sink and gets a lite bath with dawn often, it won't cut the seasoning off unless you leave it on there awhile, no problem with food sticking, don't want my pancakes tasting like burgers lol.

Mine is a dump find 30" x 24" x 1-1/4' thick gas burner with electric t-stats. I stripped it down converted it to manual gas control and mounted it on a stainless steel deli cart that was also a dump find. Stripped out the dead refrigeration unit and had a large storage cabinet below the cooktop.
20 6" pancakes at once!

Flat Top Griddle.JPG

Reactions: BigW.
I have a 22"in the garage. And a 17" in the RV. They both work great. Congrats on your newest score!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky