Who all has smoking plans this weekend? I do! I do!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Going to smoke brisket tomorrow at $5.78lb [emoji]128545[/emoji] was $4.49 in the spring which I thought was bad.
Some serve weather in the northeast today. Be careful out there.

I got a prime packer for $3.99 they were $2.99 earlier in the year.

And now for the rest of the story from my previous post.  

Started dry brining 3.6 lbs of Choice grade beef short ribs Sunday evening.  They were on sale at Winco at $5.48/lb. 

Fired up the WSM at 11:45 AM this morning with Royal Oak Ridge briquettes and hickory wood chunks.  12:15 PM loaded them on the 22.5" WSM, using a foil-lined carbon steel paella pan with a 13.25" cooling rack as a fat catcher.  Set the smoker to run at 250-275F.  Pretty much stayed at 250-265F the whole time.  Pulled off the smoker at 4:45 PM with an IT of 201F.  SOOOOOOO tender, juicy, and delicious!  The short ribs were a little fattier than I like, but wow, what flavor!

Light Montreal Steak Seasoning dry brine for 18 hours. 

After 4.5 hours in a 250-265F smoker, IT 201F.

Sorry it took so long for me to post pictures.  Everything turned out great.  The ribs were fall off the bone so not exactly "competition" style but it's what my friends and family were looking for.  I personally didn't get any ribs(they went fast!) but was told they were really good.  Lately for my pulled pork I've been letting the meat cook until about 180 or so then wrapping to speed them up.  It seems to have helped give me a better bark which I absolutely love.  My last three pork butts have just been so incredibly good.  Overall around 20 pounds of meat cooked with just a little pulled pork left over for the next day.

Nuttin' special here. Just a few overstuffed fatties. The "healthy eaters" requested a turkey fatty so I'm attempting one for the first time. I stuffed it full of spinach, mushrooms, provolone cheese and onions. The devil in me insisted on wrapping it in a bacon weave. We'll see how it goes. The other two are simple bacon-cheeseburger fatties.

The 4th is also my son's birthday, so he chose the meal. I'd rather be smoking a brisket and some ribs, but I'll survive.

They'll be lovingly smoked in my RF stick burner with a mix of apple and hickory, light on the hickory.

Have a great holiday, y'all!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky