White butcher paper vs brown butcher paper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Freezer paper is a whole different horse.
That's what my parents used to wrap Meat up for the freezer, with masking tape. Before Vac Sealers.
It had two shiny sides.

Bear
Bear, don’t laugh...I still wrap all (or most) of my venison exactly how you described. Freezer paper, freezer tape and magic marker. That’s with the vacmaster 350 in the house. Maybe it’s just an old habit dying hard, but I still love to see a freezer full of well wrapped (I double wrap all my roasts and cuts) well marked deer meat in white paper!

Reactions: kit s
Bear, don’t laugh...I still wrap all (or most) of my venison exactly how you described. Freezer paper, freezer tape and magic marker. That’s with the vacmaster 350 in the house. Maybe it’s just an old habit dying hard, but I still love to see a freezer full of well wrapped (I double wrap all my roasts and cuts) well marked deer meat in white paper!

I wouldn't laugh at that.
It worked for many many years, and if my parents were still around I guarantee they'd still be using that shiny white, easy to mark with a "Crayola Crayon" Freezer Paper.

Bear

Reactions: 73saint and kit s
Thanks to all for the fast answers. Looks like foil tomorrow but I'll have to get some pink/peach ordered for future smokes. So grateful to SMF for the tips, answers and recipes!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky