which smoker to buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

avidbow

Original poster
Nov 12, 2022
Hello all... new signup here. Hopefully i'll gleam much from this site! I have a question... i'm in the market for a new offset smoker. My bugdet is about 800 and ive seen 2 that interests me. One is the char griller grand champion xd. It has fairly thick metal and comes with many updated items. Including a charcoal basket, gasket around each door opening, slide out expanded metal racks, and more. The current price is 549.00. The other unit is the old country Wrangler. It has 1/8" steel and the fire box is welded to the cook chamber.This is 599.00at Academy. Ive watched countless you tube videos and both seem ok. Do any of you own either of these units, and if so, whats your experience? Thanks much

All.... i found it!!!! An original Oaky Joes smoker!!! Its got a horizontal smoke chamber with a vertical chamber welded to it! HEAVY metal. Just what i was looking for. It's mounted on a trailer so i can move it around with my 4 wheeler. I'll try to post a pick when i get it home later today.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky