Which pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hardhead

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
New jersey
looking to get rid of my camp chef dlx and switch to a bigger smoker, also had way to many flame outs to deal with the camp chef.

Here is what i am looking at rec tech 700, yoder 640 or maverick 1250.

I have been trying, the thing is 1.5 months old and keeps flaming out. I dont trust the thing one bit

I've had the Woodwind SG for about 4 weeks now and have a pastrami going on in it as I write this. So far have done steaks, brisket, ribs, burgers, dogs, chicken, and fish. Started with a bag of Pit Boss Hickory and then found Lumberjack Comp Blend MHC and have been using it since the Pit Boss bag ran out. Not one single issue thus far. I am VERY happy with my Woodwind. On one day the wind was pretty stiff at over 15 mph and no problems at all. No clue as to why you are having issues, but don't think you are alone as I've already seen a couple of reports similar to yours - but only a couple. Hope you find a successful solution as this is a great hobby to be involved in. :emoji_wink:

I've had the Woodwind SG for about 4 weeks now and have a pastrami going on in it as I write this. So far have done steaks, brisket, ribs, burgers, dogs, chicken, and fish. Started with a bag of Pit Boss Hickory and then found Lumberjack Comp Blend MHC and have been using it since the Pit Boss bag ran out. Not one single issue thus far. I am VERY happy with my Woodwind. On one day the wind was pretty stiff at over 15 mph and no problems at all. No clue as to why you are having issues, but don't think you are alone as I've already seen a couple of reports similar to yours - but only a couple. Hope you find a successful solution as this is a great hobby to be involved in. :emoji_wink:
Yeah i was looking to get info on those other pellet grills, i am done with this thing, the customer service that I hear is so great from others. I dont think is that great. Very unhappy, glad yours is working, i just ordered the pitts and spitts maverick 1250. This thing is for sale or being smashed with a sledgehammer and put it on youtube as my review, i dont trust this thing. Others told me to put a rec tec controller in it, i think camp chef should fix it or send me another. They said no

I have a Pit boss 1100 which has more than enough space if size is what you are looking for and I've yet to have a flame out. I do plan to upgrade to a rec tec sometime in the october or so time frame. I'm most likely getting the new BFG 2500 they have. If the size is again a significant factor for you this one will have plenty of size. I'm waiting to see how reviews turn in and hopefully give them time to fix any launch kinks. It will also be a gift to our new outdoor kitchen which should be completed in that same time-frame

I like the 24x36 racks on the maverick 1250 and the fact they slide out also, that bfg looks pretty sweet though

I like the 24x36 racks on the maverick 1250 and the fact they slide out also, that bfg looks pretty sweet though

I've seen those! I swear how does it not come standard on all these smokers. I think that's a significant feature can't tell you how many grill marks I have from my top rack tryna pull something off the bottom.

Ive heard all 3 are great units. I would have an extremley hard time choosing between the 3 if I had the budget to include the Yoder and the Maverick, I know my next grill will be a rec tec.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky