Which gas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluefoam

Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I just brought my Chargriller Grillin Pro from Dubai back to Ireland. It's been working off lpg in the desert, but I believe that propane and butane are the main cylinder gases used here...

Can anyone recommend which I should use?

Propane is LPG but not all LPG is propane. LPGLiquefied Petroleum Gas – is flammable hydrocarbon gas liquefied through pressurisation. Propane is classified as LPG, along with butane, isobutane and mixtures of these gases. ... LPG is frequently used for fuel in heating, cooking, hot water and vehicles.

I just brought my Chargriller Grillin Pro from Dubai back to Ireland. It's been working off lpg in the desert, but I believe that propane and butane are the main cylinder gases used here...

Can anyone recommend which I should use?
It would depend what you burner is designed to burn,some can be nat. gas, some propane. Most gassers in the states with portable tanks are using propane.

Reactions: bluefoam
This page should answer your questions.
LPG, Propane, and Butane are interchangeable. Butane won't gas-off in colder weather when +5° C or lower. Butane tends to freeze.
Your local vaporized gas fuel provider should be able to help you.

Where jetting changes are needed is when converting from an LPG type fuel to a Natural Gas fuel. The Natural Gas needs bigger orifices.
I've converted several of my Propane/LPG grills to Natural Gas. Actually, all of them, because I have a connection on my patio for gas BBQ's.

Reactions: bluefoam
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky