Which controllers are compatible with the pit viper fan?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawtsauc3

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
Is there a running list somewhere of which controllers are compatible with the pit viper fan? I started with a partyq to see if a controller was right for me and I love it, but the fan is a little weak and im getting more open to just hooking up power. that said i like having the guru adapter, so it'd still be nice if I decide to upgrade if I could find out models that can use the guru fan. And yes i'm still open to getting a guru device but i'd like to keep my options open. thanks.

No idea but following.
FWIW, I have an UltraQ, and only used a couple times on my BGE ... going to be a little learning curve and changes in how I load and start the cook. But worked pretty well the second time.

Reactions: hawtsauc3
No idea but following.
FWIW, I have an UltraQ, and only used a couple times on my BGE ... going to be a little learning curve and changes in how I load and start the cook. But worked pretty well the second time.
so far i've found out that the fireboard 2 will work. I'm very very very close to just ordering it today as it seems like the best of both world. up to 6 probes, integrated battery, and USB c charging.

I have a FireBoard V1 running a Pit Bull. I would be shocked if the V2 doesn't work.
yeah I found out over at TVWBB that it works so i ordered it. if it works well enough I'll have to see if i can re-sell my partyq. it's a decent unit but long term it just doesnt make sense for how i want to run my pit.

Reactions: ofelles
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky