Whew 1st brisket under my belt (literally and figuratively).

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbstacker

Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Well last Saturday went over to Smart & Final picked up an 11.45 lb choice brisket.  

Cut the cap down to about 1/4".  Rubbed it with yellow mustard, black pepper, kosher salt and granulated garlic.

Put it in the smoker at 2:00 with some mesquite chunks @ 225.  Kept an eye on things until about 1:00 a.m. when I went to bed.

Up at 7 and lo and behold the temp had dropped down to about 160.  Worked it back up to 225 and right around 3 p.m. it hit the 190 mark.  Took it out wrapped it in foil and towels put it in the cooler for about an hour.

Sliced it up with no effort at all.  The point actually just pulled away from the flat without needing a knife.

Throw in some pasta salad, potato salad and drinks of everyones choice and viola.  Had 1 itty bitty piece of the flat left (well sorta) didn't want to dirty a container so just goggled it down.  

Wife used the point Wednesday night to make some killer tacos and burritos.

5f7b96ef_IMAG0011.jpg

3b46bb6f_IMAG0012.jpg

c8a74d79_IMAG0013.jpg

cb3d5037_IMAG0015.jpg

bed1572c_IMAG0019.jpg

8ddca8df_IMAG0020.jpg

24e39205_IMAG0022.jpg

Great job on your first try. Wish the photo's were a little bigger, but it looks delicious.

Wasn't sure how large a file the pics can go to so I just set them on small side to be safe.  

They were all the family could say was OMG this is the best thing you have ever cooked.  Talk about a backhanded compliment.

Ah, on to the next.  Saturday, beef and pork ribs.  Let cha know how it turns out.
grilling_smilie.gif

Thanks for all the compliments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky