Where's the beef!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
In the mini of course!!!

Due to some crappy weather I had to improvise the starting procedure an provide the chimney with a rain hat! We had rain, then snow and then rain and then more snow!

Cut up some veggies to make some Au Jus. Carrots, onion, garlic, celery, and a few jalapenos to keep it fun!

To that add some beef broth, tomato paste and one Deschutes Black Butte Porter, salt and pepper.

Once you have achieved TBS. Put it all in the smoker and get the meat prepped!

Nice Bottom round roast, swimming overnight in Worcestershire.

All rubbed and ready!

A few veggies to roast to keep the wife happy!

Au Jus all done!

Roast all done 135° IT, foiled and rested for 1 hour prior to slicing.

Saved the veggies from the Au Jus to use on the Sandwee!!!

Toasted garlic butter roll, shaved smoked pepper jack, Au Jus veggies!

Oh Yeah!!

ENJOY!!!!

Great looking beef.   Was it alittle warm with the peppers on the sammie?

And you just put the veggies in the pan and let the juice from the meat drip into it?

Mmm, that looks tasty! Nice and juicy and a perfect med-rare!! Did you use cherry for smoke? The roast seems to have that cherry-pink glow on the outside. 
biggrin.gif

That does look awesome! And some great Bear-view!

Mike
Thanks Mike! I cant wait for left overs tonight!

And you just put the veggies in the pan and let the juice from the meat drip into it?
Yes that is correct. I wouldn't do that with pork or chicken but I do it all the time with beef.

Mmm, that looks tasty! Nice and juicy and a perfect med-rare!! Did you use cherry for smoke? The roast seems to have that cherry-pink glow on the outside. 
biggrin.gif
Thanks Suie! Yes I used my favorite 50/50 combo of Pecan and Cherry. Something about those two woods mixed together that goes so well with beef!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky