Where's Bear?

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by scooper, Dec 17, 2011.

1. scooper

scooper Smoking Fanatic

Bearcarver has not been around for a few weeks.  Anyone heard from him?

2. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

Was wondering about that myself. Looks like time for a Bear hunt!

3. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

LOL bears hibernate during the winter, maybe that's where he is. [​IMG]

On a serious note I sure hope he is OK and in good health, Just too busy to get on computer.

4. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I don't know i send him a PM did not got a replay i hope he is OK

5. biaviian

biaviian Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I too have been wondering this.  I thought for sure that he would be posting about his latest prime rib purchases since they went on sale (5.99) in this neck of the woods. 

6. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Do to violations of SMF rules Bear is in "SMF Jail" for a short period. I am unable to get into details as it is between Bear and the Admin/Mod team. You are welcome to PM me but I will be unable to provide details. If Bear chooses he will be back at the end of the month.

7. scooper

scooper Smoking Fanatic

Thanks, but I just wondered where he was. I don't need details.

8. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ahh ok i am just happy he is ok

9. ktotheb

ktotheb Fire Starter

To bad he doesn't have a get out of jail free card. See ya soon bear!!!!

10. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I am still a newbie to this site but have seen many of Bearcarver's posts. This is a huge surprise to me and can't even imagine what he could've done wrong? Hmmm...

11. [​IMG]

12. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

By any chance is meateater in there too? I haven't seen him on in forever.

13. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hope to hear from you soon Bear!!

14. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Meateater will not be returning.

15. biaviian

I'm wondering what I said wrong in the post that was deleted from this thread. 

16. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Send the person that edited it a Pm and ask them. Usually we try to send a Pm explaining why however sometimes we get busy dealing with stuff and forget to do it

17. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Oops. Sorry I was cleaning up the post from earlier that had the link that didn't work and accidentally deleted your post. It is now restored. Im sorry.

18. biaviian

No problem.  I wasn't upset or anything just concerned that I said something wrong. 

19. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

I had the same problem... I posted some pictures that I was asked to remove (which I did immediately). But then they removed the whole post without an explanation...

20. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

It can be difficult trying to decide how far to go when editing a post.  If the pictures are removed does the post still make sense?  In the past the admin team spent too much time triyng to edit a post to make it acceptable.  Sometimes it's better to just remove the entire post and ask the OP to try again.