• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where to find wood chips

ycastane

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 12, 2013
My local places here in SoFla only carry your typical wood, hickory and mesquite so i was wondering where can i get chips online?

Ordered some apple wood with the mes from amazon but they dont carry cherrt and want to give it a try as well as many others!!!

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello.  Try that well known auction site.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

eh76

Joined Jan 1, 2013
My local places here in SoFla only carry your typical wood, hickory and mesquite so i was wondering where can i get chips online?

Ordered some apple wood with the mes from amazon but they dont carry cherrt and want to give it a try as well as many others!!!
Try amazon.com

We live in a small town with limited resources. Like them or not,  Amazon.com has been a real resource for us.

ycastane

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 12, 2013
Actually just found amazon does carry cherry and some other, im a prime member so i get 2 day delivery free so that works!! Thanks gents!

superdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2007
I buy cherry, apple, pecan from ACE hardware.  Do you have those local?

smoke jenson

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 20, 2011
I have been going to Academy. Mine here has Cherry,Apple,Hickory,Pecan,Peach, Oak, Jack Daniels Barrel Chunks. They Have chips and chunks
Walmart has Apple,Hickory,And Cherry

glocksrock

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 23, 2011
Some grocery stores may carry wood chips, but I usually see cherry at the large home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes.

ycastane

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 12, 2013
Cool. For now i ordered a 5lb bag from amazon, once i run out i will be checking locally, already checked the closest publix and winn dixie and they only carry mesquite, hickory and apple, will check home depot and other places as well....

medic32

Joined Dec 28, 2013
I got apple, mesquite and hickory from Lowes and Cherry from Walmart in Las Vegas, NV

sb59

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 27, 2013
Gander Mtn. carries about 10 varieties in the Western brand, including cherry. $3.99-$4.99 a bag.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.