Where does your smoker live?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rowsdower

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
Goshen, IN
As I near completion on my RF behemoth, I am trying to figure out how to house her. I've been thinking about putting up some kind of "grillzebo", possibly just a roof perched on a few 4x4 posts. I'll have the big girl, a MES, and a Weber kettle in there, so I want to have some room. I was thinking 12x12 would suffice. I just think it would be great to have a roof overhead, lighting, and storage for pans, thermos, and all the other stuff I like to have handy when I'm rollin smoke. Might even run a cold water line to a spigot.

So as I do my brainstorming and planning, I'm curious what kinds of setups you guys have for your rigs. Care to post a photo? I'd love to see it.

Reactions: cliffcarter
I only have a UDS and MES so they stay in the garage. My step dad had a large offset that he got a pre-manufactured carport to store it under. It was probably 10' wide and 15' long and allowed him to back the trailer in and out while still keeping everything covered.

I have an EZ-UP pagoda. They have them at walmart right now for 120 bucks and mine has been up year around for almost 3 years. It is starting to look a little ratty now and it needed to be guy lined on 3 corners to keep it from blowing away but it has been great. 12 by 12. Pretty cheap and easy soloution. The cool thing is it has a vented top so it lets the smoke and heat out on hot days but not the rain in. It would get you by for the summer months until you come up with something more permanent. Mine has survived 70 mph winds more than a few times. It is tied down very well though.

I have a couple of those plastic garden sheds out by my work shop.  One contains all my gardening tools while the nice smelly one has my 3 smokers.

My offset parks against my rear garage wall, almost completely rain-protected by the eave overhang. It's a concrete patio and stucco wall so fire damage risk is minimal.

It faces east, so the morning sun heats it. Then it teases me with its aroma when I walk by, as if it had lit itself and was smoking just fine without me.

Hey Rowsdower, are your smokers named Tom Servo and Crow?
icon_lol.gif

I love MST3K
icon14.gif

Thanks for chiming in guys, I appreciate the input.

Cliff; they're not, but it's not a bad idea... Maybe the beast could be Deep 13. The kettle could be said to look like Gypsy. And the MES... Cambot. Automatic and nondescript.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky