Where do you get your metal pans?

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by graphicsman, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Last smoke session i went through a ton of alum foil pans.  Since im doing this more i thought about investing in some good restaurant style metal pans for prep and other things.  I found a store that carries kitchen supplies and for one deep pan will fit one butt and the pan itself was like 11.99.  Longer pans that were about 3" deep that would be great for ribs were 20.99.  Wondering where you guys get yours around these parts?

2. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

SAM'S has them.

3. I got all mine at sam's also

4. man i went all through sams and i couldnt see them!

5. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

SAMS Club or Restaurant Depot

TJ

6. Sam's, RD, some GFS stores. I don't have "hotel pans" but I do have a couple of 1/2 sheet pans that do yeoman duty when cooking at the grill or smoker(s).

7. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm I was looking for the same thing.  No Sams or restaurant depot in Canada. 

8. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I found perforated pans for Smokin K, but can't remember where.

I'll PM him and I bet he has the contact.

TJ

9. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Try a search for Used Restaurant Equipment, they buy up from restaurants that went under. The prices can be 25% of new and with afew minutes sorting through their stock you can find some almost new. They have other goodies like Grinders and Slicers too...JJ

10. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

At mine they were on the bottom shelf under the knifes .the opposite end from the foil pans.

11. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Also check craigs list or ebay also google resturant auctions in your area.  Can get them cheap on the auction sites

12. billyj571

billyj571 Smoking Fanatic

Costco Buisness centers or at cash and carry

13. Got some long pans for ribs but couldn't find anything good for butts that were deep enough

14. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I would check out restaurant supply stores and also check used restaurant supply stores. If you have Smart and Final you should check them too. 

15. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

Resturant actions are good places to get this kind of things. I have seen lots of 20 to 30 full sheet pans go for less than $20.00

16. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

At the pick  and pay[​IMG]

17. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sam's Club

18. billyj571

billyj571 Smoking Fanatic

Costco has sheet pans as low as $5.00 dollars

19. im trying to find good metal pans because im tired of going through a ton of alum pans that bust open when trying to shred pork

20. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sams