Where do yo put your Amaze-N tube in pellet smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foxct

Original poster
May 2, 2020
I just got a Camp Chef ZG and want to use the Amaze-N tray or tube. Where do you position the Amaze-N device? Directly on the cooking grate or below it some place?

thanks

i do mine on the grates, just try to find the area that gets some air flow, that’s the most important thing.

I just got a Camp Chef ZG and want to use the Amaze-N tray or tube. Where do you position the Amaze-N device? Directly on the cooking grate or below it some place?

thanks
I just put mine on the grates in the very back on the end opposite of my smoke stack, not to close to the temp prob, and not where it will get anything dripping down on it.

I have tried every where but next to the temp probe, last time I put it in the very front in the middle of the main grate, I think it done better this last time

Thanks, I will have to try those spots and see if it burns well. Much appreciated !

I couldn't keep tray of dust going but tube of pellets, left front on my 590. Have hole there for probes so maybe allows extra air.

My temp port hole blows smoke, positive pressure in there when the fan is running

thanks
I know this thread is a year old but - I just turned in my charcoal grill and Masterbuilt Smoker for a Camp Chef Pellett Grill. I can't seem to get much smoke flavor. If I need to use a pellet tube to get a smoke flavor, what is the advantage of it over a Masterbuilt smoker? I also can't get much of a char even at 500 degrees. I think I might have made a mistake.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky