When life gives you chicken legs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

asfastasitgets

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Watertown, TN
You grill them, and remember the reason bottled barbecue sauce was made (which I abhor...on anything but chicken legs. It's a childhood thing, I think. lol)

Very simply marinated in straight Worcestershire sauce and 25 grinds(?) of black pepper, for right at 2 hours.

The sauce: Generic KC Masterpiece, thinned with 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire, a tablespoon of lemon juice, and water (to equal 1:1, but replaced some water with flavor to make the flavor profile match), and maybe 10 more grinds of black pepper. 

Grilled over Best Choice Natural Hardwood Briquettes (my go to charcoal, since Wal-Mart around here doesn't carry Royal Oak Briquettes, and they're the same thing anyway) and a few chunks/chips of red oak. {<--Why I don't request that my wood guys split it any further. Yeah, I have to work more, but I know what my splits need to be, and I get free chunks/chips out of the deal. Honestly, I'm just glad I can find a couple that do custom lengths...cutting split firewood with a chainsaw is not fun!!!}

Anyway...the black is skin char, not sauce burn (Ewwwww...). Produced on the tired 'baby' Weber pictured (lost it's bottom damper before I got it from my Dad).

Enjoy...

Reactions: stonykill
Chicken looks great!

That little grill can put out some great BBQ.  You can get a replacement vent at weber dot com or ereplacementparts dot com and rehabilitate it into a cookin/smoking MACHINE!  Add a tamale pot for a mini wsm project and you can smoke anything from pulled pork, ribs, chicken, fatties, brisket, and on and on.

Last edited:
Thats some great looking chicken. I still think Chicken is my favorite smoke.

So with the marinade, 25 turns of black pepper, was that to the left or the right?

<Chuckles>

Great looking chicken. That is a plate full of smiles.

Well, it looks like I know what I makin' Momma this weekend.  Those, and some ABTs.  I will smoke up the chicken for a bit, then crisp it up on the grill.

Check it out! Chicken legs and thighs marinated in Worcester sauce along with ABTs. Great suggestion! The Worcester sauce was a great suggestion. I marinated them for 4 hours. I might go overnight next time. This was so tasty. I smoked them for close to 3 hours and cranked up the temp to crisp the skin. NICE!
Thanks for the idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky