When it rains...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
...it pours around my house.

Yesterday we find out someone opened up an unemployment claim in my wife's name but it was stopped before it got to far but now we have to go through the whole identity theft protocol...again!

And today wake up to half the house with no heat!

try to bypass thermostat and see if furnace 🔥 up... other than that could be faulty door switch, pressure switch, or dirty flame detector sensor...
Sorry man but I instantly kick in to troubleshooting mode when I hear some electric smoker doesnt work and furnace is just that: electric smoker without smoke problem...

2020 sure has been a "bugger". Ended up having to pull my septic pump and replace yesterday. Thank God for the sewer alarm. Saved us from a messy cleanup.I
Hope you get your heat situation straightened out. Artic blast sweeping the upper U.S. next couple days.

Had the same problem with the heat in our house the other day. Gas furnace. Flame sensor was dirty. Took some sandpaper and knocked the soot off. Fired up no prblem. Thankfully was a cheap easy fix.
Jim

Bad circulator pump for that zone.Its the only original left from when the furnace was installed in 92.

Now onto lots of time on the phone and being on hold to fix the other issue.

Definitely know how you feel! Except with my luck usually breaks on a weekend or holiday. Glad ya got your heat fixed. But no pics of plumber's crack? Are you sure this really happened? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Had the same problem with the heat in our house the other day. Gas furnace. Flame sensor was dirty. Took some sandpaper and knocked the soot off. Fired up no prblem. Thankfully was a cheap easy fix.
Jim

I had that same problem 3 weeks ago with my "Bryant Evolution Hybrid".
It was the first time it was cold enough for the Gas Backup to kick in, and it wouldn't, because the Flame Sensor was dirty. Bear Jr sanded it, but it still didn't work, so he had to run out & get a new one. He had a hard time getting one, because he's not in the HVAC business.
He got it done though, so now we're back to Propane heat when it's below 34° Ambient, and Heat Pump above 34°.

Bear

I am hoping my HVAC issues are delayed for a few years. Hoping to retire in 2021 (2020 nearly pushed me to it), we decided replace both of our 20+ year old systems. New fan units, condensers, etc. Did it right at the start of the Covid stuff when contractor was still able to get equipment.

Good luck getting that other issue resolved. I do not envy you.

I make it a rule not to complain. If I do, MORE "stuff" happens. :emoji_laughing:

Not sure if this has become industry standard but local HVAC shop (best in area) has a cool program. You pay an annual service fee I recall like $300. They come and service twice a year. Spring for AC and fall for heat. If work needs done NO LABOR cost and parts are at their cost and no mark up. I am pretty handy and have a few tech buds so I roll the dice but that is a great plan for piece of mind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky