What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
whoo hoo congrats man! That means we'll be seein lots more qView from ya right?
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif
for retirement!

I was a Soldier for about 8 years than went back to school and became a science teacher starting to think the first job was the easier one. Middle school kids are like little terrorist with rubber bands and no cause.

I am a Draftsman, plumbing and mechanical. I have done civil drafting as well. Lately though I am part draftsman part estimator part project engineer part project manager and lots of other things. Keeps me busy and pays the bills, so I am thankful for that at time when so many cant find work around here.

I am a paramedic going on 14 years with the county EMS provider. I am also on the township fire department. I started Dj'ing in jr high and continued this thru high school and college. After college (broadcast engineering), I had the wonderful opportunity of touring with some big country music artists before returning home to start a family. I did a 3 year stint as a flight paramedic before deciding to retire my wings. Now, with any luck, I sit in the recliner on station for 24 hours and play on the internet! My goal is to retire from this gig, buy a REALLY big motorhome, drive 50mph in the left hand lane with my turn signal flashing for hundreds of miles on may way to another BBQ event!!

Fiber optic splicer.....splice fiber optics for residential and buisnesses. Phone, internet, and cable tv. Not a paying job but I'm also a volunteer firefighter and EMS for a rural cummunity

I'm a Teacher/Coach at a Public High School in Kansas. Been at it for 33 years. Looking forward to the day I can retire so I can have more time to work on my new passion, smoking meat!!

I'm a professional firefighter for the city of Terre Haute, Indiana. Before that I was a police officer for 9 years. Now I just need to become a rock star or a professional athlete and I will lived out every 10 year old boys dream career.
icon_biggrin.gif

I work for a explosive company. We shoot a lot of coal mines and do a lot of landfills. Its pretty cool cause no matter how bad your day is you get to blow things up at the end of the day

My title is Grain Controls Manager. I build, test and support grain, feed, seed and fertilizer distribution controls. Our systems run anything from a small farm with a roof top dryer to a rail or ship yard moving tons of stuff totally unmanned.

Currently a welding superintendant at a midwest refinery ,when not doing that i am an instrument technician or a pipewelder.

36 years in this business and just when you think you have seen it all , someone manages to lower the bar

Other than that the people are usually the best this country has to offer.

I'm an assistant product manager and technical assistance technician for an auto parts manufacturer. I talk to people all over northern America everyday, which is cool but frustrating at times. Anyone who deals with the public would understand.

I am in Eduction, currently as a site administrator the last few years. Prior to that was a Wood shop and Technology Teacher. Been in education going on 20 yrs now. Worked my way through college as a cabinet maker.
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky