Whats your favorite all around bbq sauce???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

The Bull

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
I'm a big fan of killer hogs rubs ("the rub",and A.P. rub) matter a fact just ordered 5lbs of each however their bbq sauce not so much... So looking for good sauce. Made my own in the past and not interested in that. Dont like it too sweet.
thanks

Reactions: JC in GB
Hi there and welcome!

My favorite is Rudy's Sause, but unless you live in TX and have a Rudy's near by you will have to order it.
My favorite hands down!

I use Jeff's BBQ sauce for pulled pork; I use Sweet Baby Ray's for ribs; and I use the original BullsEye for Gary's baked beans. The point: I don't think there is one sauce that is "best" for each application.
yes and I get that just trying to get a general pool and see who or what comes out on top....fyi I have been smokin/grillin for 30 some odd years..just waiting on my rt700

I use a variation of Jeff's recipe.
I suggest you purchase his rub & sauce recipe's, they can be tweaked very easily to suit your taste & part of the proceeds go to help keep this site running.
Al
I too like variations of Jeff's recipe. My next project will be a Carolina mustard base and I'm still trying to figure out the Po Sam's gravy. I'm determined to come up with a copy of Po Sam's sauce. It was so unique and no one know the exact recipe.

Hi there and welcome!

My favorite is Rudy's Sause, but unless you live in TX and have a Rudy's near by you will have to order it.
My favorite hands down!
ended up ordering 3-38 oz bottles on blind faith! lol
I like a texas style bbq sauce with some heat and not to sweet did some reading sounds like rudys will fit the bill

Last edited:
I like a texas style bbq sauce with some heat and not to sweet did some reading sounds like rudys will fit the bill

Oh yeah the stuff is goooooood!

It's savory but not overly salty or meaty flavored or too herb rich.
It's sweet but not too sweet, just right for me.
It's got some heat, maybe a little to much for some folks but I notice the heat mellows out after the bottle is open for a week or so.

Prepare to enjoy it!

Reactions: The Bull
About the only thing I use sauce on is pulled pork. For that my go-to is SoFlaBbqer's Finishing sauce.
Gary

I'll second this...

Once in a while i'll sauce a half slab of ribs for the wife... when I do I'll use "Pats Ho-Made BBQ Sauce" (add a lil honey)

Pat's Ho Made BBQ Sauce.jpg

I'm not a big sauce user, but my wife likes BBQ sauce. We generally use either SBR or KC original.

Chris

So what did you think of the Rudy's Sause? :D

All I have been using good stuff only two bottles left!
Yeah that stuff is awesome! I'm glad you are enjoying it.

I have like 4 bottles in the pantry and 1 about in the fridge with about 20% left in it.

It's pretty hard to nail down an all time favorite sauce. What I do use is the KC Masterpiece hickory brown sugar and for all around and my go to sauce for ribs has become Sweet Baby Ray's honey sauce. There are plenty of good sauces out there though. I like trying a new one very once in a while just to see what it's like.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky