What's you favorite thing to smoke that's not a pork butt or ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beer can Chicken, ABT's
yahoo.gif

Prime rib, beef brisket, chuck roasts of any sort, chicken quarters, beer can chicken, turkey legs and thighs, cheese, lasagna, mac and cheese...you name it!

Got the idea here.  Smoke raw peanuts at 200 degrees for about three hours.  I leave the skin on.  Obviously no shell.  Throw in a blender or food processor, add a little salt, honey and enough oil to make it the consistency of peanut butter. 
It goes from too dry to oily very quickly.  It is easy to add too much oil.  Doesn't hurt anything if you do.

Do NOT try smoking store bought peanut butter.

Reactions: ba cyclone
i just use the foil to make sorta a holder for the cabbage .u core it and stand it up on the round end using foil to hold it up same with the onion leave the top open .it does sorta steam it
theres alot of water in cabbage but its damn tastey when done ,

good luck

I like making bologna from venison, brisket is my favorite smoke, seafood, jerky, I like to smoke roast beef to a rare and slice for sandwiches. I have thought about trying to smoke frog legs but don't know for sure how I want to tackle it yet.

I did this recently and it came out very good.
Smoked a couple of chuckies for 5 hours then put them in the crock pot with some beef broth, and onion, taters and carrots for some smokey pot roast
I did the same thing, only with a venison roast.  Turned out great.

Smoked salmon for sure. Heck, it's close to #1 for me! Once you nail it, it's like candy that's actually good for you!

Bryce

I've done cauliflower that turned out great. Just rubbed it with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and smoke for a few hours with everything else. My girlfriend is vegetarian and she loves it.

Also, question on the beer can chicken..the point of the beer can is to get it to boil or steam. Does the beer get hot enough in the smoker for this? I've done it on the grill and turned out great but haven't tried to smoke it at low temps.

Yes, the beer gets hot enough to steam since you're cooking at 225-250.  I cook mine at about 240 and it comes out great.  My wife uses the chicken to make chicken noodle soup.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky