Whats clear to me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I have been the cook for my family at least 20 years. Most of the time I have had a single weber grill, and just recently bought a smoker. Throughout that time, I have been content, I could cook most things I wanted. Then, I went out on a limb, bought a cheap smoker, not even sure why. The problem is, before I even got it, i found this place.

Now, everything I have done before, good food, is now second class. The information here is outstanding, a.new way to look at everything. i am so appreciative.

Now I need more then one smoker. Never thought I'd say that.

When I found this site I had a 22.5 Weber. Now I have a Masterbuilt electric and Pit Boss pellet smokers plus a Blackstone griddle. It’s an addiction, yet one I love. The information here is great and the people are even better.
I spent a bunch of time in new mexico and their is a city farmington. So, I checked you out, farmington mn, and one is dyslixyc at all it is easy to transpose farmington mn to farmington nm. I can't count the number of times i think, I should message you about the wrong state. 😭

I spent a bunch of time in new mexico and their is a city farmington. So, I checked you out, farmington mn, and one is dyslixyc at all it is easy to transpose farmington mn to farmington nm. I can't count the number of times i think, I should message you about the wrong state. 😭
Yeah it’s typically warmer and easier to cook outside there. 😂

Yeah it’s typically warmer and easier to cook outside there. 😂
Well, i was in undergraduate school then, cooking wasn' t on the
list way way back then. But we did cook and Smoke outside.

i did make a trip to the boundary waters canoe area back then, huge mosquitos, while porting a canoe, why would anyone want to live there. I had a great time, would love to go back.

Reactions: bauchjw
We might be a little twisted up here! But we grow on ya!

Ryan
Maybe, but thats a good thing. I'm smoking mynfirst butt and drinking some good irish whiskey. And the recommendation was to take the butt off the smoker and.oven it, but you dont need to stop drinking the whiskey. I'm irish, thats music to my ears.

The information here is outstanding, a.new way to look at everything. i am so appreciative.

I hear you on all of that. I also have cooked a lot and did lots of good foods on my many BBQ's over the years. I knew a couple people that had smokers but never had any smoked food except for down in Florida when on vacation and went to a Rib bbq house etc.
Only thing I ever smoked ( did not know it than ) was a hot dog on a stick over a camp fire , lol

Just over a year ago my buddy across the street had a smoker and let me try his salmon , and told me about a book called Project Smoke, went searching for something and it brought me here . Next thing I know I own my first smoker and a great bunch of friends I never meet.

David

Agree with the others. Bought a MB propane smoker in the box on a whim for $50 when the 'vid lock downs started. Then I found this forum. Thus began my spiral into addiction of cooking and smoking. My cooking game has gotten better, I've cooked things I had never tried before, and made some of the best friends I've never met! My wife calls them a bunch of enablers but she sure dont turn down what I put on the table.
Jim

Haha, It’s an awesome community for sure. Hanging out here expands creativity and ups the end results to a different level too! I like the term “best friends I’ve never met,” and “enablers.” My wife is letting my drop a chunk of change on a new Bel Fab offset smoker. According to her, after a sigh, “If your Smoking friends say it’s worth it.” 🤣

Agree with the others. Bought a MB propane smoker in the box on a whim for $50 when the 'vid lock downs started. Then I found this forum. Thus began my spiral into addiction of cooking and smoking. My cooking game has gotten better, I've cooked things I had never tried before, and made some of the best friends I've never met! My wife calls them a bunch of enablers but she sure dont turn down what I put on the table.
Jim
Can't say it much better. Menu is better however retirement funds decreasing .

• Haha
Can't say it much better. Menu is better however retirement funds decreasing .
We saw a big 5th wheel camper on interstate 90 on our way to Deadwood last summer, on the back it said..."We're spending our kid's inheritance"... thought it was funnier than hell!

Ryan

I have been the cook for my family at least 20 years. Most of the time I have had a single weber grill, and just recently bought a smoker. Throughout that time, I have been content, I could cook most things I wanted. Then, I went out on a limb, bought a cheap smoker, not even sure why. The problem is, before I even got it, i found this place.

Now, everything I have done before, good food, is now second class. The information here is outstanding, a.new way to look at everything. i am so appreciative.

Now I need more then one smoker. Never thought I'd say that.
Like you, I started here with a Weber Kettle and an electric smoker (which fried a circuit).
Once I found this place down the rabbit hole I went. I tried an MB Gasser then moved to an offset stick burner and recently got a Santa Maria style.
I still have all 3 plus the old Weber. That doesn't cover the Grinder and Stuffer for sausage. I'm not allowed any more cookers unless I get rid of one first.
What a journey LOL!

My problem is, at least one of them, that I need to find a slightly more convenient way to smoke. Maybe it is just a thought problem, and maybe it will be easier when I fix my smoker, but I can't leave it for more then 15 minutes. If I have something else to do I can't smoke. My office is three stair cases up from the smoker, so if I'm working it's up and down constantly. So, I only smoke once a week or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky