What to smoke next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huhwhat, Jun 6, 2014.

What do I smoke next?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2014.
  1. Pork ribs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Beef ribs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Salmon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. something else (specify in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. huhwhat

huhwhat Fire Starter

I have tried brisket, pork cushion, chicken, and I'm doing sausages tomorrow. So what's next salmon, or pork ribs, or beef ribs, or something else entirely?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. You HAVE to try ABT's!!!   You completely left these off your list.  Remember it's not just about meat.....although that's a big part!!!

Scott

3. huhwhat

huhwhat Fire Starter

Prdon my newbie ignorance, but what does ABT stand for?

4. cliffcarter

cliffcarter Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Atomic Buffalo Turds

5. Sorry......you aren't ignorant, just new to the forum (Welcome by the way).  ABT = Atomic Butt Torpedo (that's what I have always called them) is a smoked jalapeno stuffed with a myriad of things like chorizo.....cream cheese.....pulled pork.......whatever you want. 

There is a forum board called ABT'S that I suggest you visit for pics and recipes :eek:)

Scott

6. huhwhat

huhwhat Fire Starter

I'd love to make those, and probably will at some point, but it would have to be for taking to the guys at work (who are all chili-heads, including me), but no one else in my family would eat them.

My wife says mild Hatch chilies stuffed and smoked.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  7. Any chili or pepper works.....hell even stuffed bell peppers would be awesome. 

Hell smoke a Meat Loaf......turns out DELISH!!!

8. trikefreak

trikefreak Smoke Blower

If you haven't done so yet, you really should buy a few pounds of sea salt, and smoke it at low temp. I've been doing it, and everyone LOVES it. I've even smoked granulated garlic, and parsley, and made my own garlic salt. My friends and family bug me all the time to refill their supply.

huhwhat likes this.
  9. huhwhat

huhwhat Fire Starter

I will have to try that. What do you put it in to smoke?

10. huhwhat

huhwhat Fire Starter

Also planning to smoke some of my dried peppers from the garden last year.

11. If you're a fan of breakfast, try a breakfast fattie. You can do a search and find a ton of ideas or be creative and make up your own.
    Have fun! :)