What to cook next?????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kajunkue

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
New Orleans, La.
Having friends over Sunday and I'm trying to decide what to cook next.  Pork has been done enough, Can't fit enough ribs on the Green Egg for all that's coming.  What do you suggest?  Brisket? Chuckie? I want something really different to blow everybody away.

Brisket, Prime Rib, Meatloaf, Turkey, double Smoked Ham um you want me to keep going
biggrin.gif

do a brisket the day before(or overnight smoke). re-heat in a crockpot/oven with Chef JJ Au Jus.

then say of do one of for appetizers.

Chicken legs/wings. search for scarbelly's wings.

armadillo eggs.

chicken Bites

ohh. pork shots are excellent as well.

maybe do a kind of tapas thing and make a bunch of small dishes.

i like this idea and may tray that next time.

do 2 racks of baby backs the Spanish Lacquer ribs that was posted a while back. I posted in that thread.

cut them up in 2 bone sizes.

make a  few bite size foods like:  

armadillo eggs( with some mini green peppers if heat is an issue).

make a few pork shots.

some bourbon bacon chicken bites.

How many people and how big is your Egg?

Brisket is always a hit with our friends.

Chuckies are good too - make tacos or a really nice pot roast depending on how cool it's going to get.

Depending on how many people you might want to crank out some pizzas.

I only have the large Egg and WOW everyone has given some great ideas.  Looking like I going to have about 16 adults and 8 kids.  Haven't done the Tri Tip or Prime Rib yet so that sounds awesome.  And I like the idea of some Armadillo Eggs to go with.  Thanks everyone. Didn't cook anything last weekend so I think I'm having withdrawals.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky