What smoker to buy??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So my birthday came around and I went with the Masterbuilt 40" elite wide 2 door smoker. $279CAN at bass pro.
Was pretty easy to put together, did it on my own in under an hour. Seasoned it as the instructions said so I'm ready to smoke a pork loin and maybe some ribs on Friday.
I'm gonna hold off doing any major mods to it for now. But I do have an old cask iron skillet in going to use for wood chips and I'm going to use a much bigger foil tray for my water dish instead of the small one provided.
Although I haven't actually used it so far I'm impressed with it.
I also bought a madterbuilt cover for it (I bought the 44" cover because it also covers the propane bottle) for $70CAN and it is absolut garbage!!! Really cheap quality material, I almost put a corner through it first time I covered the smoker. The quality is so bad I won't be keeping it and will find another way to cover it. I was actually really shocked by the huge price and such poor quality of the cover, Masterbuilt should've ashamed for selling this at such a crazy price!!

So my birthday came around and I went with the Masterbuilt 40" elite wide 2 door smoker. $279CAN at bass pro.
Was pretty easy to put together, did it on my own in under an hour. Seasoned it as the instructions said so I'm ready to smoke a pork loin and maybe some ribs on Friday.
I'm gonna hold off doing any major mods to it for now. But I do have an old cask iron skillet in going to use for wood chips and I'm going to use a much bigger foil tray for my water dish instead of the small one provided.
Although I haven't actually used it so far I'm impressed with it.
I also bought a madterbuilt cover for it (I bought the 44" cover because it also covers the propane bottle) for $70CAN and it is absolut garbage!!! Really cheap quality material, I almost put a corner through it first time I covered the smoker. The quality is so bad I won't be keeping it and will find another way to cover it. I was actually really shocked by the huge price and such poor quality of the cover, Masterbuilt should've ashamed for selling this at such a crazy price!!
1.  Take the cover back to where you bought it and get a refund.  We as consumers are all too ready to pass things off as "that's just the way it is", instead of standing up for what is right.  You dropped $70 of your hard earned dollars and really can't even use the cover?  That's just not acceptable.

2.  Check back in with R2--the cast iron skillet is a good idea, and I know he's got more for this particular unit.

Enjoy your new toy! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky