What size plates for dual-grind grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The last few comments are exactly correct. The first proprietary plate with 3 big holes has a round center hole for mounting, while the second generic 4.5mm or 3mm grinding plate has an oval hole in the middle for mounting. There is no way to fit a 4.5mm grinding plate first and a 3mm plate in second position. The first plate will always be the proprietary plate with 3 big holes.

Another obvious thing that could be overlooked by an enthusiastic accessory buyer is that the grinder attachment is a #22 head even if you're mounting it on your #32 grinder motor.

The double-grind attachment with a 3mm plate and a 2" stuffing tube fills a 2-lb freezer bag in as little as 30 seconds.

What i would do differently next time is wrap the attachment with 3/8 PET tubing connected to a cheap water pump and bucket of ice water to keep the auger cool. For my big job it got hot enough to cook meat in the small area behind the vertical shaft where the meat is fed. For cleanup, soaking that auger end in a cup of water with some TSP (trisodium phosphate) allowed it to be removed easily. A water pik allowed me to clean the small holes in the 3mm grinding plate completely.

While I don't have a dual pass grinder, I have found cleaning the plate holes is fairly simple by using bristle style pipe cleaners similar to these:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky