What ive been up to since joining.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sapperranger04

Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Oklahoma city

Ok so I finally got my smoker built. Its a reverse flow made out of a couple air tanks. I will have to do a build thread on it for anyone that wants to check it out. So anyway, this is what I have accomplished over the summer. My first brisket. 19 hour smoke at about 225 degree. Turned out real Juicy and flavor full. Also tried my hand at burnt ends. They were gone faster than a plate of fresh baked grandma's cookies...

Next up is my first pork butt. I was a little worried about it being dry. So I injected and dry rubbed the day before and wrapped up tight in the fridge with plastic wrap. I used hickory and apple wood on this. Turned out very nice as well. I misted about every hour with apple juice and it gave me a great bark. I don't have any plate views, but this thing basically just fell apart as we turned them into pulled pork sandwiches.

Last but not least, I decided on a double smoked ham for Christmas dinner. I ran into problems right from the start as the ham was to tall to fit in the door of the smoker. Only thing I could think to do was to whack off the top. Well it worked out great. I smoked this at 225 degrees until it reached an internal of 145 degree. about 45 minutes prior to being done, I gave it a mop bath in a maple glaze. now we don't usualy like ham, but I couldn't get my wife to put it down.lol. Anyway. that's it for the year.

Thanks for everyone that's ever contributed on these forums. I have learned everything I know about smoking here, and if it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have made these great dishes., Thanks again.

Hey sapperranger04....

Great post!  All 3 smokes looked delicious, and I'll be looking for your build thread on that reverse flow...nice job!  
icon14.gif

points.gif

Red

3 great looking smokes.  Nice bark on the butt, and really looks like it would fall apart.  As for the ham, it looks a lot better than the one I'm doing right now--I glazed between all the slices, and its nowhere near as neat and tidy as your.

points.gif

Gary

3 great looking smokes.  Nice bark on the butt, and really looks like it would fall apart.  As for the ham, it looks a lot better than the one I'm doing right now--I glazed between all the slices, and its nowhere near as neat and tidy as your.

:points:

Gary
Thank you. It turned out great. I misted the ham about every hour with apple juice. Then about an hour before temp, i mopped it with glaze. Hope yours turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky