What IT for CSR's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
I found some country style ribs discounted to $1.50 a pound this morning. I am thinking they are from the shoulder area as most CSRs in my area a labeled Loin on the package and these were not. What Internal temp do I want to aim for? I have not had good luck with the loin cuts of CSRs and am hoping for better results with these

Attachments

• CSR.jpg
    CSR.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 7
Depends on what you want to do with them.
190-195 are good to just eat, 200-205 for pull. But you need to rely on probing for doneness not so much IT temp.

If wanting to pull I generally wrap in foil about in the 180’s because being individually cut pieces they can get a hard exterior (dry) if just cooking to eat then pull them around 190 and tent with foil don’t wrap tight until temp drops a bit then you can cover tight to keep warm.

I usually smoke for a few hours then I drop them in a covered pan with your favorite liquid and braise them until tender. After which I sauce and back on the grate until the sauce sets.

Chris

All the above works. I also just cook to 145 IT. Comes out super moist and tender as swell. Brining them makes them even better.
Opps! I just saw reread what you were saying. The above ideas are much better for these.
The CSR's I was talking about cook better to 145 IT.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky