What Isolation Order???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
Many States have issued Isolation Orders. This includes PA. I don't think the word has reached everyone! This guy has been hanging around my Chickens for the last 4 days and spends all day trying to find a way in to the Party!

20200403_132457-1-1.jpg
20200403_132215.jpg

20200403_132159.jpg

What a Crazy Pheasant! He doesn't even leave when one of the kids goes out to feed the Chickens. He just runs off a few yards and watches until the human leaves. Then he's back circling the coop and showing off for the Ladies...JJ

So far in Iowa the governor hasn’t declared the stay at home order and she says she won’t.
Turkey season starts April 13 and I’m hunting regardless unless I’m sick:emoji_laughing:

Jimmy....sorry my friend but that pheasant would look really good n your smoker. Fill your belly and keep the chickens safe. It's be double duty :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Ohio extended theirs until May 1. I am getting a little nervous now...

Can pheasant and chicken? I am city boy...

Nope...But that Boy is acting like he wants to find out for himself!

Jimmy....sorry my friend but that pheasant would look really good n your smoker. Fill your belly and keep the chickens safe. It's be double duty :emoji_wink:

Robert

I thought about it Robert. He could be " Under Glass ", if I wanted to. My SIL actually Caught him the other day. Funny part is Vinny used one of them Cartoon Traps! You know, a Box (metal cage), propt up by a Stick and String. He put some Chicken Scratch Seed under the box and waited. After an hour the Pheasant walk over to eat and Vinny sprung the Trap, catching him. Ring Neck Pheasant are really pretty.

Believe it’s getting close to mating season he’s not thinking right. We’ve all been there

Is there an Avian equivalent to BEER GOGGLES? I never left the Bar with an Ugly Woman. But I woke up with a few!

So what you're saying is that your pheasant is peacocking? :-)

He sure is feeling his Oats. My two Wyandotte Roos are 2X his size! That's the Roos in the last Pic keeping an eye on him...JJ

Reactions: fivetricks
We have 2 or 3 pheasants that hang around our acreage and pasture across the road, we really love listening to them when it's nice enough to drink coffee on the front porch. Must be getting soft as I get older so they are safe from being hunted. Had 8 or 9 in the grove this winter during a couple bad storms, and this guy...

20200119_084336.jpg

Pheasant in a pine tree...

Ryan

All I have to say is, if that pheasant is suffering from the corona virus and is eyeing those chickens. Then don't bend over in front of him when collecting eggs. You may be in for an unpheasant like surprise.

Chris

Reactions: kilroy and GATOR240
Why thank you Robert. I had another reply typed out, but thought it better to use the cleaner version.

Chris

Why thank you Robert. I had another reply typed out, but thought it better to use the cleaner version.

I can only imagine. Your thought processes run along the same lines as mine. Many times I've had to take a step back and edit my response before sending it for the exact same reason you did :emoji_laughing:

Warped and slightly twisted,
Robert

Reactions: ofelles and gmc2003
Do you have a game farm near?
Some escape from the farm and start romancing anything being they only get it once a year.
If he got into your chickens I wonder what the eggs would be like..
Chicken eggs?
Now if Jimmy lets the fertilized eggs progress to baluts, it may get interesting.

Do you have a game farm near?
Some escape from the farm and start romancing anything being they only get it once a year.

Nope, no game farm. I'm the only one with Chickens, for a mile or so each way.

Chicken eggs?
Now if Jimmy lets the fertilized eggs progress to baluts, it may get interesting.

Balut is some Hardcore Eating. Too many textures in on package. No we did just get 2 Perkins and 2 Kaki Campbell Peeps. They are too Fuzzy and Cute to eat right now...JJ

So far in Iowa the governor hasn’t declared the stay at home order and she says she won’t.
Turkey season starts April 13 and I’m hunting regardless unless I’m sick:emoji_laughing:
My turkey trip to Montana has been cancelled, and Kansas has a 14 day quarantine for all non resident hunters before you can purchase a lisence so that trip is out as well. Looks like I'll be kicking of summer fishing season early this year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky