What is a simple or ordinary thing that you can't do well.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've sadly found store bought eggs seem to peel better than the farm fresh eggs we get
Eggs that are older tend to peel better the fresh eggs. Which is why I look for them when I'm doing pickled eggs. Doesn't make them old. Or bad.

Reactions: kuroki
Eggs that are older tend to peel better the fresh eggs. Which is why I look for them when I'm doing pickled eggs. Doesn't make them old. Or bad.
I've still found a difference for some reason. My girlfriend's sister has chickens and the last time we saw her we got 8 dozen eggs... She hand writes harvest dates on each carton. We had some that were 2-3 months old and still peeled terribly.
I certainly consider myself to be in the category of "can't peel an egg" and I always prefer soft boiled. But I always seem to have an easier time with store bought.
Heck we've had cartons old enough for half the eggs to be bad and the good ones STILL peeled worse

Late to the party on this one but cooking related it’s boil and peel eggs. I have tried all the suggestions and NONE work for me. Salt, cold water, timing, cold eggs , room temp eggs, Instant Pot etc. I still destroy them when peeling. I haven’t tried baking soda yet but dilly expect the same results lol.
If you have SV unit, 20 mins @ 190° , ice bath. Never failed me yet.

Reactions: jcam222
No singing and no art of any sort. Throwing plastic filler (bondo) on cars no problem. Painting a car no problem. Only other thing I am told I don’t suck at is driving, even my better half agrees.

If you have SV unit, 20 mins @ 190° , ice bath. Never failed me yet.
That's a new one to me. How do you finish?
Heard the Instapot method to shake them to crack the shells while still warm.
I do the water bath to boil, let sit for 12 minutes and ice bath cool. I use a teaspoon to run under the shell.

Shaving here. I always seem to get at least one nick or cut. Also I hate trimming my mustache or beard when I grow one. The trimming never comes out even.

Chris

I'm no good on ladders or ice skates. I've biked 100's of miles so that and roller skates I can manage.

paint. even, like walls and ceilings. i struggle with spray paint.
also, it seems making good life choices is not among my skill list.
i can't make a 'thumbs' up' with my left hand.

I can think of two things. 1. Keeping from staining my shirts no matter how careful I am. All my shirts have stains. It's inevitable.
2. Remembering things. I almost forgot what number two was as I was writing number one. I had to stop and think lol

I can think of two things. 1. Keeping from staining my shirts no matter how careful I am. All my shirts have stains. It's inevitable.
2. Remembering things. I almost forgot what number two was as I was writing number one. I had to stop and think lol
I can relate to this!

Ryan

Reactions: boykjo
Keeping from staining my shirts no matter how careful I am. All my shirts have stains. It's inevitable.
Lol . Always seems to come on the last bite , which makes it twice as bad . I've started changing my shirt for supper .

• Haha
Reactions: MJB05615
I'm the same. No matter how careful I am, my shirts are a diary of everything I've eaten, lol.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Beard trimming and using left hand are trouble makers here.
I have been trying to train my left hand to do simple tasks like eating, writing, loading my tobacco pipe, the paperwork involved after dropping the kids off at the pool.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Growing a retirement. Not sure why, but I just suck at it.

Paperwork. Especially if it's on computer. I truly suck at it. My wife is an accountant, so she handles it all.

Keeping my smart mouthed comments to myself.

• Haha
Reactions: pit 4 brains
Spell and write. Haha I can spell for crap and can hardly read my own handwriting. It’s actually helped me out with the not being able to spell with a damn. Can’t read it, ya can’t tell me i misspelled it 😂

Reactions: halleoneagain
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky