What has happened to Masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mds51

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Oklahoma City
I have a 10 year old Masterbuilt 40 inch Electric Smoker and it is still going strong. I was going to look at adding another one after buying two for my Sons last year and with good results. The models have changed and you cannot talk to anyone at the company. Reviews are not good and the models pictured look like they have gone backwards on design. Does anyone have a PitBoss Series 5 and or any other make and model recommendations.
Thanks
mds51

Just keep the box, door and replace the heating element when necessary. Dump MB and get a PID controller when stock electronics fail. Lots of help HERE I look up marketplace on FB and get free Mes and anything under $100. Fix em up and give em to interested friends. Since you have several within your family like I do, do not buy new . We'll get you back to smoking.

I look up marketplace on FB and get free Mes and anything under $100
Great advise. I was following this path until I found a sale for about the same price as used. Usually in the fall. There are a lot of barely used models for sale. I bet during the winter you can negotiate a good price on some good equipment. Doing a good smoke is more effort than many buyers realize at first.

I have a PB vertical series 5. Great smoker.
The 5-Series is great, but it's a pellet smoker. If you want to stick with electric, Pit Boss has a 3-Series with either analog and digital control options. PB seems to be keeping build quality high.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky