what happened to the throwdowns!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
they have been on hold for a few months

what is the status

are they coming back

we need the competition

america was born on the premis of competition

smoking is american

therefore throwdowns are american

and we are americans

so we need the throwdowns!!!!

A little bird told me at the N Florida Gathering that they may find their way back in a slightly different format but no official word or decision yet was my understanding.

We talked about them at the gathering and they are coming back. Details will be out soon Im sure.

sounds good,  just remember we dont care about the prizes  just the honor of participating and having fun doing it

i look forward to us ameteurs  taking all you pros on!!!!

Code:
Down here on the farm the weather gets messyLaying around with nothin' to doWhen you went away, you took my cow BessieI miss her darling, more than I miss youYou took off your leg, your wig and your eye glassAnd you shoud've seen the look on my faceI wanted to kiss, I wanted to hug youBut you were scattered all over the placeChorus:Where, where, are you tonight?Why did you leave me here all alone?I searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were gone.I know that you loved me, here's my way of knowingThe proofs hanging out right there on the lineWhen I see the snow and feel the wind blowingYour nighties hugging them long johns of mineThe noises you made at our supper tableYour habits, my dear, were surely absurdBut how many times do I have to tell youSoup is a dish to be seen and not heardChorus:Where, oh where, are you tonight?Why did you leave me here all alone?I searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were gone.Remember you phoned me a-sobbin' and cryin'The dog bit your maw, and drug her aroundYou said she looked pale and thought she was dyingI said "Don't worry, I'll buy a new hound."I had six kids and you had elevenAnd we had a boy, and they grew like flowersI wish you'd come back, without you ain't heaven'Cause your kids and my kids are beatin' up oursChorus:Where, oh where, are you tonight?Why did you leave me here all alone?I searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were goneI searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were gone...

I nominate Meateater for weird post of the week award!
Don't you recognize a skit from HeeHaw when you see it
icon_biggrin.gif
?

But I never knew the words where so deep and full of feeling, emotion.  There is a lot to learn from that song, along the lines of Thoreau and Whitman,  true American folklore.

Well, at least we know who the opening act will be...and it's Viva las Vegas!

Yea, what did happen to the Throwdowns? I'm itching to do a 30 ft. fattie, all bacon-weaved and smoked up and then just for the helluvit I might have to fry it up in some duck fat.
ROTF.gif

Hey Squirrel!!!

Where the heck you been!!!

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky