what happened to the throwdowns!!!

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by miamirick, Apr 21, 2011.

1. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

they have been on hold for a few months

what is the status

are they coming back

we need the competition

america was born on the premis of competition

smoking is american

therefore throwdowns are american

and we are americans

so we need the throwdowns!!!!

2. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

A little bird told me at the N Florida Gathering that they may find their way back in a slightly different format but no official word or decision yet was my understanding.

3. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

can't wait.. its going to be some fun.. ooo yaaa

4. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We talked about them at the gathering and they are coming back. Details will be out soon Im sure.

5. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

sounds good,  just remember we dont care about the prizes  just the honor of participating and having fun doing it

i look forward to us ameteurs  taking all you pros on!!!!

6. alblancher

Speak for yourself, "'Dont Care About The Prizes",    never heard of such a thing!

It's all fun,

7. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Code:
    Down here on the farm the weather gets messyLaying around with nothin' to doWhen you went away, you took my cow BessieI miss her darling, more than I miss youYou took off your leg, your wig and your eye glassAnd you shoud've seen the look on my faceI wanted to kiss, I wanted to hug youBut you were scattered all over the placeChorus:Where, where, are you tonight?Why did you leave me here all alone?I searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were gone.I know that you loved me, here's my way of knowingThe proofs hanging out right there on the lineWhen I see the snow and feel the wind blowingYour nighties hugging them long johns of mineThe noises you made at our supper tableYour habits, my dear, were surely absurdBut how many times do I have to tell youSoup is a dish to be seen and not heardChorus:Where, oh where, are you tonight?Why did you leave me here all alone?I searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were gone.Remember you phoned me a-sobbin' and cryin'The dog bit your maw, and drug her aroundYou said she looked pale and thought she was dyingI said "Don't worry, I'll buy a new hound."I had six kids and you had elevenAnd we had a boy, and they grew like flowersI wish you'd come back, without you ain't heaven'Cause your kids and my kids are beatin' up oursChorus:Where, oh where, are you tonight?Why did you leave me here all alone?I searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were goneI searched the world over,And thought I found true love.You met another andPhht! you were gone...

8. alblancher

I nominate Meateater for weird post of the week award!

9. cliffcarter

cliffcarter Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Don't you recognize a skit from HeeHaw when you see it[​IMG]?

10. bbally

bbally Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Bring on the throwdowns!

11. alblancher

But I never knew the words where so deep and full of feeling, emotion.  There is a lot to learn from that song, along the lines of Thoreau and Whitman,  true American folklore.

12. cliffcarter

cliffcarter Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?[​IMG]

13. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can't wait!!

14. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm Ready whenever everyone else is...

15. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I'm on standby...

16. meateater

LOL, I was gonna put just the chorus but changed my mind. [​IMG]

17. meateater

Bump

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  18. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well, at least we know who the opening act will be...and it's Viva las Vegas!

19. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yea, what did happen to the Throwdowns? I'm itching to do a 30 ft. fattie, all bacon-weaved and smoked up and then just for the helluvit I might have to fry it up in some duck fat. [​IMG]

20. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Hey Squirrel!!!

Where the heck you been!!!

Craig