• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What Goes Where?

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 21, 2007
Ok so if no question is stupid I won't feel stupid for asking this.I plan on smoking a brisket, a butt for bacon and a chicken, abt's and a fatty. I don't want to ruin the taste of the food when they start drpping sooooooooo I have a GOSM 3 racks I know I can squeeze the fatty on the chicken or the bacon rack. The brisket rack is full of brisket, I even had to chop a piece off to make it fit. I don't know what toput on the top rack and so on. HELP!!!!

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Always put the chicken on the bottom rack....you don't want the "nasties" dripping on the rest of your meat......as far as placment of the rest...it really is up to you. Good luck, it sounds like a great feast!!!!

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Must be awful to have to worry about such things ... just drop it all off at my house ... I'll figure out somethin' ...

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 21, 2007
Ok I'll be right there, oh wait a minute, you live in Canada. Way to long to drive sorry. But I will try to post some Pic's.

Chicken always go on the bottom, see every time I ask a question I learn something new.

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2007
I have rotated items in and out of the smoker during a long smoke.

You can always run the ABT's and Fatties after the Chickens are done while the Butt's and Briskets are still cooking.

Just a thought.....

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I like to finish my chickens or almost anything else on the top shelf it's a bit hotter and smokier up there.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.