What foods ABSOLUTELY DO NOT go together discussion thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
There is a thread running about what foods compliment each other Here

In that thread Johnmeyer posted something that does not go well together, I think that a thread about uncomplimentary foods would be as much fun as the one running.

SO... In this thread post what absolutely does not together and post your experience with WHY if you have tried it!

This is a hard one for me because I can pretty much eat anything, I was the type of kid that would dip uncooked hot dogs in a mayo jar and plop mustard on my pork. So someone else will have to start off.

Beer in cereal. I tried it in college when we ran out of milk and it was disgusting. 

Chris

Warmed tortillas, miracle whip, and canned tuna fish.  

It was all I had left one day in college and thought it wouldn't be that much different from a sandwich.  It was a horrible combination, hahahhaha !!!  
jaw-dropping.gif

While in general that's a losing combination there are exceptions: parmesan panko crusted fish is one. I also like goat cheese+nuts crust on fish.
i can see how those could be good, but I'm really picky about my cheese. I don't eat a lot of sea food because the ladies of house find all sea food revolting. Just  a combo i try to avoid when i get to experiment.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

fish and cheese  -- yuck

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)
A little Parm Reggiano on Scampi guilds the lily and sets it off. My Italian family members, by marriage, shoot me dirty looks.
no_no.gif
  Another "Must Have" is American Cheese on a Fried Fish Sandwich or Taco. Last, years ago l had a nice meal in a high end Italian restaurant in Lancaster PA. Jumbo Lump Blue Crab in a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce over Gnocci. EXTREMELY Rich but delicious...
Powdered sugar in gravy. One Christmas my SIL handed me the flour to thicken the gravy for dinner. I kept adding it and finally realised why the gravy wouldn't thicken. Yuck.

Gary
LOL...As a youngster, I had watched Dad make Egg Drop Soup, hundreds of times. On my first attempt, 10 years old, l did like Dad. Heat the chix broth to a boil, reach in the cabinet over the stove for the yellow box of corn starch, make a slurry to thicken the broth and slowly pour in scrabbled eggs...BUT...My broth did not thicken, so l mixed another Tablespoon cornstarch with a little water and added it. Nothing! I was hungry and figured the corn starch lost it's power and added the eggs and dumped the thin soup in a bowl. I took one spoonful and spit soup all over the table! I had done everything like Dad!!!...I grabbed the Yellow box alright... but it was BAKING SODA not the Argo Corn Starch! I have never added another ingredient without double checking the label.
hit.gif
...JJ

Stuff that don't go in my book...

Steak and A-1

Miracle Whip and Anything else.

Bacon on a Philly Cheese Steak

Tomato Sauce on a Philly Cheese Steak

Bayleaf in Chicken Soup

Ketchup on Roast Duck

Anchovy on Pizza

My Wife's favorite Cake...Yellow Cake with Lemon Filling and Chocolate Frosting!

Funny 
yahoo.gif
  I have had a lot of weird combo's in my life

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky