What do you guys do when you are having troubles getting your AMazeNSmoker going?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I NEVER have trouble with my amazin smoker....
icon_cool.gif

I actually saw an interview with her that she was considering it due to back problems
e9011a81_noidea1.gif

Well, it's not a problem if she's laying down.
wink.gif
(Did I just say that?)

Back to the initial problem. There are three factors that need to be considered when drying (pretty much anything). Relative Humidity (the lower the humidity the better), Temperature (higher the better), and Air flow. Yes, if one of these is lacking drying can take place... just at a much slower rate.

Brad

Todd has been breathing in too much of that dust......funny, funny, man       I just really put the torch to it while it's still outside the smoker to give it plenty of O2.....then once it gets going it seems to burn better and better as the smoker gets hot 
th_violent5.gif

I had problems with my AMNPS not putting out much smoke once it was in my MES.  I've started going through the lighting steps a second time after I've blown it out, and I took the chip loader all the way out.  Works fantastic now!

Last edited:
Ron has a point.  It needs air flow and oxygen to burn.  Also in charcoal hot smokes, the charcoal fire consumes a lot of oxygen, so you need good air flow even in that application.  I have also found that starting with a propane pencil tip torch works much better than the little butane micro torches.

Good luck and good smoking.

I nuke the dust for about 60 seconds on a paper plate.

It dries it out nicely & always stays lit. 

Caution: Don't nuke it for more than a minute.

I did & it caught on fire in the micro.

The whole house smelled like smoke for days.

Reactions: zballoon
I nuke the dust for about 60 seconds on a paper plate.

It dries it out nicely & always stays lit. 

Caution: Don't nuke it for more than a minute.

I did & it caught on fire in the micro.

The whole house smelled like smoke for days.
Is that a bad thing? Not the caught on fire in the microwave part but the whole house smelling like smoke for days part. In my old hippy dippy days I used to burn and incense called "Campfire Memories" that smelled just  like a campfire. I loved it! It seems that  Hickory or Mesquite would be even nicer.

Oh, and ScarBelly,

As far as jug reduction I think you were thinking of Pamela Anderson not Dolly!

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky