• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

what brand sous vide

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I have the Anova 800 watt and the Anova 900 watt . I think the Nano has a fixed mounting clamp .

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I got a Cisno 1000 about 18 months ago, $90 from Amazon, no wifi, no Bluetooth, no complaints. RAY

gnatboy911

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2017
I have an Anova from a few years ago, 800W I think. It has bluetooth but not wifi. I used the bluetooth twice, ever. Pointless feature for me. I like the anova since you can use it without any other devices. It works great, I wouldn't want one with a permanent clip on it, I have a cooler modified and if it had the clip permanently attached it wouldn't work as well for me.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
I have the Anova 800W Wifi.
The Wifi allows you to do delayed cooking, which I am doing right now. Fill the bath with 50/50 water/ice, put the food in, and you'll get a notification if the temp hits 40F (danger zone). The impeller spins every few minutes to circulate water around the ice. This is handy for times when I want something to finish right when I get home. Not a critical feature and I don't use it often, but handy when needed.

anova.jpg

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I can't get the wifi to work on mine . What did you have to do ?

Jonok

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 4, 2019
+1 on the Joule. The phone-only interface scared me, but it’s been flawless. It will keep a 60 qt cooler at perfect temp without even breathing hard, and the clip/magnet attachments are awesome. It is also so little that SWMBO doesn’t gripe about it it in the cabinet...

pushok2018

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Wow! A lot of choices.... I have Anova from a few years ago, 800W Bluetooth and very-very happy with this device. Very reliable.... In fact I was thinking about buying new Anova - Pro version - but price bites... It's $399.

Last edited:

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
I can't get the wifi to work on mine . What did you have to do ?
Nothing special. Set it up a few years ago and haven't had a problem. What are the details of the problem you are having?

Inkbirdbbq

Smoking Fanatic
Sponsor
Joined Oct 26, 2018
Inkbird won't be disappointed you.Offer the 15% code: ( 8CMANZZT ) Deal price $67.15 can get the original was $79 awesome unit. amazon" style="max-width:120px">

dr k

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 22, 2013
Got a 1200 watt from Aldi. Doesn't move a lot of water but seems to work. It was $50 but I've seen them reduced to $35.
I saw an Ambiano (Aldi brand) SV circulator at the store last summer for $50. If it was reduced to $35 I would have bought in, being the last one. Glad I waited since Inkbird gave their coupon code that got it to $50 then I had Discover card cash back bonus $ to throw at it on Amazon to get it to $18. I think Aldi stands behind their product warranties in store so if you have the receipt and there's a problem within the warranty, just take it back.

rev579

Joined Feb 20, 2020
I gave the Inkbird a run today, and it did great! I did a couple of frozen chicken breasts that I smothered in pesto. 145º for 2.5 hrs. Finished it with a quick sear, then free-styled a sauce with the fluids in the vacuum bags. Served over tortellini.

IMG_8925.jpg IMG_8928.jpg

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
I have done 21 hours on my Inkbird for bottom round and it works perfect. I just used it this weekend for 3 tritips (previously smoked and frozen) and it was such a huge hit with the 13 guests we had for dinner.

Inkbirdbbq

Smoking Fanatic
Sponsor
Joined Oct 26, 2018
I have done 21 hours on my Inkbird for bottom round and it works perfect. I just used it this weekend for 3 tritips (previously smoked and frozen) and it was such a huge hit with the 13 guests we had for dinner.
Awesome :emoji_heart_eyes:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.