What are your top 3 all-time favorite western movies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone ever see Rustler's Rhapsody? It was a comedy take off of the old Tom Mix/Hopalong Cassidy movies, and put them into a modern perspective.

Sergio Leone only made like seven spaghetti westerns, but his closeup, time-freezing, tension-building style is stamped on each one. People love 'em or hate 'em. I'm on the love 'em side, but not in my top three. Once Upon a Time in the West came close, though.
I love Once Upon a Time in the West - sure it is dated and all that, but it is a great movie in my humble opinion.

I sure am. There is a station called KHYI that plays that kind of stuff and other amazing music as well. No sexy tractor songs on it and you can get bands and songs played years before the artist may ever make it big.

Heard lots of Tyler Childers, Chris Stapleton, Zac Brown Band, Brent Cobb, Chris Knight, etc. years before they got any notoriety or got enlisted to write songs for big name artists. Also you will hear anything from Hank Sr. to Blue Grass to some relevant people out there breaking through today that are not normal mainstream Pop-Country :)

You can find KHYI the Range online and listen here for free:

Enjoy it!
I've been streaming the station pretty much non-stop since you posted the link - great station to say the least. I wish we had something on the airwaves like that around here.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I gave up on radio years ago. Too many commercials and "cookie cutter" songs. I'm hooked on Sirius now.
For Country I like the "Y'alternative" station and "North Americana" is a good mix.
It's been years since I listened to Sirius but I think "Outlaw Country" was the good station I listened too. I was so surprised to hear that the good local radio station I have here, had DJ's that started also doing work for "Outlaw Country".
Those DJ's song selection was always the best compared to some of the other DJ's but overall the station was good.

Keep listening to the good stuff! :)

Reactions: SmokyMose
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky