What are your small smokes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
I do occasional briskets, pork butts, hams, ribs, and turkeys. But mostly I do small smokes like wings, burgers, shrimp, scallops, brats, chicken breasts and thighs. Tonight getting ready to smoke some burger and brats. Looking for some good small smoke ideas from others.

Last edited:
Just did poppers yesterday, love some smoked brats as well

20201231_171007.jpg

How about a fattie??? Did a Mac n cheese one not too long ago....my kids love them(me too!) And they dont take long to do. You can even make them up a day or two ahead of time.

1128202151.jpg

Shrimp Fajitas. 30 minute soak in the marinade, 25 minutes, 16/20 ct., at 225 and you are good to go. I've been obsessed with adding Jalapeño strips, 4-5 whole seeded and cut length wise, to the usual fried Peppers and Onions. Adds a great flavor with some warmth, but not crazy hot...JJ

Pork shots, moinks, blooming onions, kettle fried chicken, fatties, wings, meatloaf, chicken fried steak, chicken parmesan, chicken cordon blue, as you see there are plenty of quickies

Chris

Mains and apps covered pretty well already ...

Like sides too like beans, Mac n cheese, Au gratin potatoes, ...

There is an orange shrimp recipe i stole from Steven Reichlin BBQ bible. its chipotle and cilantro shrimp with some garlic and olive oil and you marinade it for about 4 hours and smoke for about 30 minutes at 275-300 until done. they are fantastic!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

We done a stuffed flanken steak not long ago that turned out tasty! This one was done in the air dryer, but next one will be on the smoker.

958F7130-65E2-49CB-9681-B84205DAA141.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky