What are your favorite smoked sausage recipes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdbannister

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Hi everyone! My brand new Cabela's Carnivore grinder will be here tomorrow, and I'm super excited to try some cool sausage recipes! I couldn't find a thread with a shared list of recipes, so I thought I'd start one. :-) What are your favorite smoked sausage recipes? Also, don't shy away from any really unique recipes you've tried and liked. I love to try new flavor combinations! I've got a boudin recipe that I'll be using, so I'll post that one up here too after I play with it a little, and I'll be sure to share any other creations I come up with (after they've been tested adequately, of course).

So post up your favorite sausage recipes! I'm excited to try these out!

Hi everyone! My brand new Cabela's Carnivore grinder will be here tomorrow, and I'm super excited to try some cool sausage recipes! I couldn't find a thread with a shared list of recipes, so I thought I'd start one. :-) What are your favorite smoked sausage recipes? Also, don't shy away from any really unique recipes you've tried and liked. I love to try new flavor combinations! I've got a boudin recipe that I'll be using, so I'll post that one up here too after I play with it a little, and I'll be sure to share any other creations I come up with (after they've been tested adequately, of course).

So post up your favorite sausage recipes! I'm excited to try these out!

Hungarian Csabai, of course mate !

Pork 100% 70/30
Sweet paprika 2.5 % Hungarian is a must, Spanish is different
Hot Paprika 0.001 % More if you like hot sausage
Fresh Garlic 0.01 %
Salt 1.75 % Allowing for the sodium in Cure
Caraway whole .01 %
Cure # 1
6mm grind, add ingredients, stuff into 36-38mm hog casing the next day. Suggest tasting a patty if varying quantities, making accurate notes for next time. Hang to dry 24 hours. Cold smoke three days, rest day between.
Ready to eat. Can be further dried if a drier sausage is preferred, go by the feel, and tasting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky