What are you watching ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm certainly behind, but I just started watching Yellowstone. Which is rare. I almost never have time to watch a show in piece & quiet. Lol. With 2 boys running around.

Just tried the new SHOGUN out on HULU. Thought it would be better. I think for me its the language barrier. They are using the native Japanese language with closed captioning. I find it difficult to enjoy a show if I'm constantly reading the subtitles. Still giving it a chance. Getting into the series called Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. With Kurt Russell and his son. I didn't think I would care for it much, but to my surprise it has really drawn me in.
BTW, great thread idea!!

It has to be the lowest time in many years for good stuff to watch on TV. I miss the 80's.

My favorite is still Gold Rush. I have watched it since it started.

I like watching LA Kings Hockey.

I usually have Fox News on in the background while watching YouTube on my tablet. I do mute it every time commercials come on because Fox have the worst ones. FU My pillow.

I am near the end of my ? time watching Breaking Bad on BR. I have Better Call Saul to watch again when that ends.

I have hundreds of DVDs and Blu Ray movies and TV shows I randomly watch. I have been converting them to MP4 videos to make it easier.

Have you seen El Camino ? Breaking bad spin off movie .
El Camino was great. Excellent ending and gave us closure on Breaking Bad, (one of the best series ever). Also watch MASH, Pawn Stars and a lot of old reruns, Cheers, etc. Newer shows The Neighborhood, Night Court reboot, not as good as the original though, Extended Family, Simpsons and Family Guy my two favorites.

Just tried the new SHOGUN out on HULU. Thought it would be better. I think for me its the language barrier. They are using the native Japanese language with closed captioning. I find it difficult to enjoy a show if I'm constantly reading the subtitles. Still giving it a chance. Getting into the series called Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. With Kurt Russell and his son. I didn't think I would care for it much, but to my surprise it has really drawn me in.
BTW, great thread idea!!
I usually have issues enjoying sub title content but I actually enjoyed the heck out of Shogun last night. Same as you on Monarch Legacy I watched an episode on a whim. It's way outside what I usually like. Binged it! Glad there will be a season 2

Currently watching the series SHRINKING with my wife who is also a mental health therapist. Jason Segel, Jessica Williams and Harrison Ford star in this comedy drama about a grieving therapist, (Jason Segel), who starts to tell his clients exactly what he thinks. Ignoring his training and ethics, he finds himself making huge changes to people's lives - including his own. Its on Apple (+). I was in the Navy for 20 years and most of the people I worked with never dropped the "F" bomb as much as the characters on this show. I truly believe you can get through a 3 minute conversation with another individual and not feel the need to drop the "F" bomb 4-5 times. Just my .02.

Reactions: jcam222
I watched the first episode of Shogan earlier today. I enjoyed it, and they are pacing it perfectly. I remember reading the novel and a lot of the characters and scenes are familiar (sailor soup, anyone?).

Subtitles are fine with me as long as they leave them on the screen long enough to read, which they are. I'm a fast reader/scanner, but some of the foreign films on other channels, like Netflix, the subtitles are frustrating because they switch so fast I have to speed-read them.

I'll rewatch it later tonight with my wife, who reads a little slower than me. It will be interesting to me to see what she thinks. She's read the novel, too.

Update: episode 2 is just as good as the first episode. Bring on 3!

Update 2: wife is hooked. We'll watch EP 3 next.

Last edited:
Not a big sitcom watcher but we started watching The Middle again. I find it absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: MJB05615
Finished Shrinking. Wife loved it!! I thought there were some parts that were over acted, and they could have done with WAY less swearing. Currently still waiting on the last episodes of Masters of the Air. Great show.

DO NOT watch The Signal 4-episode sci-fi series on Netflix. German made. Dubbed. Well acted. A little girl in the story steals every scene she's in.

The plot is manipulative. It hooks you with a WTH's going on story that rips on the MH370 disappearance. The finale leads to a huge buildup that fizzles into a total dud bust that indicates the writer had zero knowledge about how JPL tracks space missions.

I haven't felt like I wasted that much time since my wife and I watched Barbie, only The Signal was 4X as much wasted time.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky